Real World Ready is a – seniors only - comprehensive course introducing you to life after school (personal finance, health insurance, retirement accounts, taxes - you name it!) Sign up for Real World Ready with this link and the code WILDCATS19 to skip payment and sign up for free.
The Wildcat Way To Professional Success
At the University of New Hampshire, students develop personal and professional skills beyond the classroom by following the Wildcat Way to Professional Success. Our aim is to outline and share action steps students can take toward career readiness, and provide a guide for professional development to support each student’s academic experience. Career and Professional Success provides events, services, and coaching in each of these core areas to support Wildcats as they explore the option and opportunities that await them after graduation.
- Interview Prep, Beyond the BasicsWear business attire. Bring multiple couples of your resume. Prepare answers to questions. Don’t be late! These are the basics. But, to secure a position, you often need to go beyond the basics. Here are 5 tips to help you put your best foot forward: Be a S.T.A.R. Rehearse like it’s an oral exam! Use the S.T.A.R. method to structure your answers and ensure you have specific examples: S- Situation you were in, T- Task you were asked to complete, A- Actions you took, and R-Result you achieved. Write down your answers (short bullets) to interview questions as if you were prepping for an exam. Practice and read your answers aloud until they sound natural and fluid; do this repeatedly. Know your resume and the job description. Review your own resume before the interview. Be able to defend...
- Taking the CaPS Philosophy to the National StageUNH Career Directors Present Transformative Model of Career Development at National Conference
- Build Your Professional Image with a Professional HeadshotJon Meadows '10 outlines the importance of a professional headshot.
- Success Rate: 95 PercentThe results are in, and the Class of 2018 is off to a great start.
- Building Professional Success | Fall 2018Highlights from a selection of Career and Professional Success events held throughout the fall semester.
- Career-Ready? Check.CaPS makes career preparation a hallmark of a UNH education.