Handshake for Employers
The University of New Hampshire has joined Handshake to host job and internship postings, on-campus recruitment scheduling, career events registration, and much more. This platform is incredibly user-friendly for employers, students, faculty, staff, and the entire UNH community to connect employers with the talented individuals in the UNH student and recent alumni community.
If you have questions regarding the platform, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
Career and Professional Success offers employers a free and effective portal to advertise opportunities and on-campus activity to all of our students and recent graduates. Use this career portal to:
- Post a full-time or part-time position (entry level and recent graduates- please post positions that only require up to 5 years experience and under)
- Post an internship (paid or unpaid)
- Post a work-study position
- Request on-campus recruiting (interviews and info sessions/tabling)
- Register for career events
Frequently Asked Questions and Help
Employer Account Setup & Settings:
- How to Post a Job
- How to Edit a Job Posting
- How to Renew an Expired Job Posting
- How to Expire a Job Posting
Career Fairs & Events:
Need Additional Help? Visit the Handshake Help Center
Career and Professional Success reserves the right to deny or discontinue recruiting privileges to any organization. For any questions regarding your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type Categories in Handshake
- Job - a paid position of regular employment that can be part-time or full-time *part-time positions outside of New England during the academic year will not be accepted.
- Internship - internship positions can be paid or unpaid. They are designed for students to receive high impact experiential learning opportunities that extend the classroom to the potential workplace/industry. It can be either semester or summer length and must provide students with experience, skill development, supervision and mentorship.
- Fellowship - a competitive, short-term funding opportunity for graduate study, scholarly research or professional development. All disciplines and at all career levels. A funded opportunity to do something exceptional.
- Cooperative Education - co-op positions are an experiential learning opportunity for a semester or summer away from campus. They are designed to be a structured experience. Only summer co-ops are accepted *co-ops differ from academic internships during the semester.
- Volunteer - unpaid volunteer positions will not be accepted. Please contact Megan Brabec, Coordinator of Civic & Community Engagement, for volunteer roles (email@example.com).
- On Campus Student Employment - on campus employment positions are intended for UNH Departments only.
- Experiential Learning - programs, professional development, conferences, events that require applicants to be screened for acceptance. This can be paid or unpaid and have a requirement of a resume, cover letter and/or GPA.
- Graduate School - schools or programs that are recruiting for graduate or continuing education will not be accepted.