Career and Professional Success offers on-campus departments a free and effective portal to advertise opportunities to all of our students. This platform is incredibly user-friendly for students, faculty, staff, and the entire UNH community.
- Post a part-time position
- Post an internship (paid or unpaid)
- Post a work-study position
Set up your account
All UNH departments hiring current students for part-time and/or work-study positions must follow this on-campus employment process.
Please read all of these instructions BEFORE you post your department's open jobs into Handshake. These naming conventions and posting best practices will ensure your positions are seen by as many students as possible.
- Job Title
- If you are offering the position to only students with work-study eligibility please include “Work Study Only” in the job title
- Students are not required to apply through an additional website or applicant tracking system
- You have the option of showing your name only or no information at all
- Job Type
- For Job Type, select: “On-Campus Employment”
- For Employment Type, select: “Part-time” for a work-study position
- For Duration, select temporary/seasonal
- For Dates, select the start and end dates for the duration of the work-study position
- You must select “Yes” when asked if this is a work-study position. This is an important check box to allow work-study eligible students to find your position.
NOTE: Career and Professional Success cannot store or share student work-study eligibility in Handshake. All student applicants will appear to “not meet preferences” because of this. We suggest requesting an additional document confirming work-study eligibility or confirming eligibility during the interview process.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff who are not posting jobs can request an account in Handshake. This will allow you to:
- Search for job and internship postings available to your students
- View upcoming career-related events (UNH and employer events)
- View employer and student profiles
- View postings as a student would see them