Career and Professional Success has launched a new career management system to support all Wildcats in connecting with professional success. Handshake has replaced Wildcat Careers and is your one-stop shop to:
- search and apply for full-time jobs and internships
- search and apply for part-time and/or work-study positions on campus or in the local community
- schedule an appointment with your college's Career and Professional Success team to discuss your career documents (resumé, cover letters, etc.), job/internship search process, and much more
- learn about career success events, programming, professional development opportunities, and on-campus recruiting events with visiting employers
How to log on to Handshake
- Go to the Handshake login page (or click the blue button below), and click UNH Student/Alumni Login.
- You will log in using your UNH User ID and password (the same ID and password you use for myUNH or Canvas) through UNH's Single Sign-On page. This will automatically approve your account creation request and pre-populate some of your profile for you.
- Complete your profile and start searching!
Handshake Frequently Asked Questions and Help
- Account set-up
- How to manage your profile
- How to search for and "favorite" jobs
- How to use Handshake
- How to upload a new document (resumé, etc.)
- On Campus Interviews and Applications: About your Application Status, Applicants and Taking Slots, Managing Documents Attached to an Application, How to Withdraw a Job or Interview Application
Looking for a job on campus?
Part-time and work-study positions are posted regularly by campus departments and off-campus organizations in Handshake (formerly Wildcat Careers).
**BE AWARE: Work-study eligibility is not saved in your Handshake profile; therefore, you may notice that you will be viewed as "not matching employer preferences." Employers have been notified that this is not necessarily the case, and the employer will still receive and review your application. You will be responsible for communicating with the employer if you have work-study eligibility or not. If any questions, please email email@example.com.
*NOTE: Campus departments post positions for on-campus employment throughout the year. Please continue to check Handshake. If you have a question for a specific department regarding employment opportunities and there are no positions currently posted online, please reach out directly to the department to inquire about their hiring timeline.
Job Posting Scams- Phishing Alert
If you see a position in Handshake (or ANY job site) and/or receive an email from an employer that you believe may be a scam, please notify UNH Career and Professional Success immediately by calling 603-862-2070 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phishing scams attempt to trick you into providing sensitive personal information (i.e., social security numbers and credit card/banking details) or into sending money or other items of value. We will look into the matter on your behalf and take appropriate action. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact UNH Police at 603-862-1427.
Faculty/Staff Handshake Accounts
If you are a faculty/staff member of UNH and would like to access Handshake to review postings as a student would engage, please request an account here. If you are an on-campus department looking to post jobs online, please follow these instructions.