The CaPS Ambassadors’ primary focus is to promote student success by providing career-driven resources, quality programming, event support, and drop-in career assistance. CaPS Ambassadors are trained to engage their fellow Wildcats by:
- Developing and editing student resumes, cover letters, and thank you notes.
- Showcasing best methods for job and internship searching.
- Providing tips on how to prepare for interviews and the Career and Internship Fair.
- Delivering evening career-driven programs in the residence halls.
- Training students how to use Handshake, LinkedIn, InterviewStream, Wildcat Connections, VMock and any new technologies adopted by the CaPS team.
The CaPS Ambassadors support the outreach efforts of the Career and Professional Success team by expanding the office's ability to reach students through one-on-one during Career Drop-ins, providing programming in the residential halls, and representing the team at major events. The CaPS Ambassadors are trained in resume/cover letter review, interview skills, and the use of LinkedIn as a professional networking and job search tool. They also have extensive knowledge of the 24/7 resources available on the CaPS website and make referrals to the professional staff members when needed.
Want a CaPS Ambassador to present to your residence hall or club?
Select one of the following available presentations:
- Career and Professional Success Resource Table - Lobby Program (1.5 hrs) - The resource table program is about sharing information. The CaPS Ambassador will bring information on upcoming career events, resources available on the CaPS web page, and how to make an appointment with a Career Counselor.
- How to Start Your Resume/ Review - Lounge Program (1.5 hr) - The first part of this program is a demonstration of the resume writing resources available on the Career and Professional Success web page, as well as an exploration of the different ways a student can develop transferable skills through involvement on campus. Following that, time will be allotted for a resume review session for those who have additional questions.
- Networking with LinkedIn and Wildcat Connections - Lounge Program (1 hr) - Many students have created a LinkedIn or Wildcat Connections profile but do not know how to use the site to its greatest advantage. With this program, the CaPS Ambassador will not only go over what should be included in a strong LinkedIn/Wildcat Connections profile but will also teach the students about the advanced features that help people to network, promote, and job search more effectively through LinkedIn and Wildcat Connections.
- Interview Preparation (InterviewStream) - Lounge Program (1 hr) - During the presentation available online resources will be showcased to highlight what is available to practice and prepare for an interview. The presenter will also demonstrate how to use InterviewStream, an online program that allows students to record themselves answering mock interview questions.
Lily J Clark
Mary Kate Munley