Extending the Stay of an H-1B Employee

Please submit an online application to OISS at least 120 days prior to the H-1B employee’s current work authorization end date.

The department/unit must

  • Complete the online H-1B Extension for an Employee
  • Issue a new offer letter, if necessary
  • Issue a new departmental/unit support letter (template will be provided)
  • Request checks for the filing fees associated with the submission of the H-1B petition to USCIS

The employee must

  • Provide copies of passport and resume/CV to the sponsoring department/unit
  • Provide copies of any new immigration documents to OISS, if applicable
  • File petitions to extend H-4 immigration status for any dependents, if applicable.  (Note: Payment of filing fees for any dependents are the responsibility of the employee.)

OISS will review the application and file a petition to extend the employee’s H-1B work authorization with USCIS, if applicable.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact oiss@unh.edu.