Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

Commonly referred to as an EAD Card, the Employment Authorization Document is issued by the USCIS to individuals who have been granted permission to work in the United States.

Foreign nationals in a number of different immigration statuses may be eligible to apply for employment authorization. For example: F-1 students eligible for Practical Training following completion of studies; dependents of J-1 scholars; individuals in the final stages of permanent residency; those who have been admitted to the U.S. as refugees or been granted asylum; those who have been granted "temporary protected status" in the U.S., and a variety of others.

The front of the EAD card contains the dates of employment authorized, a photograph and the individual's full name, date of birth and visa classification. Any limitations placed on the employment will be noted on the card. Foreign nationals who hold valid employment authorization cards are eligible to be employed by any employer for the dates indicated on the EAD.

Click here for more information about the Employment Authorization Document.