Transferring to UNH from Another U.S. School

For the International Student

First, contact the appropriate office for admission information. After you are offered admission to UNH, you will be issued a Form I-20/DS-2019.

To facilitate the issuance for your Form I-20/DS-2019, you must complete OISS's "Application for a SEVIS I-20/DS-2019 Document" eForm and upload the following documents:

  • copy of Form I-20/DS-2019 from the previous school
  • copy of passport page
  • copy of most recent U.S. student visa
  • copy of most recent I-94 record
  • financial documentation to cover the cost of attendance at UNH for one academic year (bank letters or statements, official fellowship/scholarship/assistantship letters, affidavits of support, etc.)

You will receive the new Form I-20/DS-2019 by mail if you are leaving the U.S. prior to beginning your studies here. Otherwise, the Form I-20/DS-2019 may be picked up from OISS upon your arrival on campus.

For the International Student Advisor

After the student submit's OISS's "Application for a SEVIS I-20/DS-2019 Document" eForm, you will receive an email with a link to an eForm to complete and confirm the student's intention to transfer. Then, please transfer the student's SEVIS record to the appropriate campus/program.

Durham (Main) Campus: BOS214F00434000
Manchester Campus: BOS214F00434001

J-1 Program Code: P-1-00070