Housing & Dining

Arranging Housing

Housing is in high demand, so we urge you to secure a place to live prior to arriving in the U.S. Please do NOT assume that a space will be automatically available for you.

On-Campus Housing

Undergraduate Students

  • All admitted students will receive housing information via email.
  • Follow the instructions to apply for on-campus housing.
  • If you would like to live in an internationally-themed residence hall, you may request Fairchild Hall on your Housing Application.
  • If you have questions about housing, please contact UNH Housing & Residential Life directly.

Note: There are specific residence halls that remain open during vacation periods. If you plan to stay on campus during vacations, we recommend that you request a space in one of these residence halls.

Graduate Students

Off-Campus Housing

  • Off-campus housing is available in Durham and the neighboring communities of Dover, Portsmouth, Newmarket and Lee.

Dining Options

Students dining in HOCO

All undergraduate students living in University housing must purchase a University meal plan.

Undergraduates living off-campus and graduate students may purchase a meal plan, but are not required to do so.

For more information or to order meal plans, please contact UNH Dining.