Please submit an online application to OISS at least sixty days prior to the Exchange Visitor’s proposed start date.
- New departmental users are encouraged to attend a training before submitting their first online application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming training sessions.
- Request Access to eOISS Online Services (only need to complete this step once)
- Complete and submit an online J-1 Application for a New Exchange Visitor via eOISS Online Services
- Make sure to grant the Exchange Visitor (Scholar) access to the online application
- Please refer to this oral proficiency scoring matrix when conducting an interview for English language proficiency.
Exchange Visitor (Scholar)
- Host department/unit will grant you access to your online application via eOISS Online Services
- You will need to upload the following documents to your online application:
- Copy of biographical/picture page of passport
- Letter of financial support from sponsoring department/unit (if paid by UNH)
- Letter of financial support from your home country government, employer, or university (if not paid by UNH)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Copies of passports for any family members who will be accompanying you
- If you are already in J-1 status: copy of your DS-2019, J-1 visa, I-94, and corresponding documents for any family members who are in the U.S. with you
After all sections of the online application have been submitted and approved by the necessary UNH staff, OISS will be able to review and then issue the Form DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility) for the Exchange Visitor.