If you have received an invitation from a UNH department or faculty member to come to the United States for a temporary period of time as a Visiting Scholar, you must submit an application to the OISS at least sixty days prior to your proposed start date. The information provided in your application will enable OISS to determine your eligibility to participate in the Exchange Visitor Program and issue you a Form DS-2019.
- A completed and signed application, including:
- If you are being funded by your home government, university, institution or employer, a copy of the letter granting you the funds to come to the United States. This letter must be in English (or accompanied by an English translation) and include the amount of financial support; it should also state the purpose and dates of the planned visit at the University of New Hampshire.
- If additional funding is required, you may be asked to send a copy of your personal bank statement (with English translation)
- A copy of your most recent curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of the biographical/picture page of your passport and copies of passports for any family members who will be accompanying you
- If you are already in the United States:
- Copy of your I-94 and any for accompanying family members
- Copies of all previously issued Forms DS-2019, Forms I-20 and/or Forms I-797