Step 1: attend or view a Study Abroad Info Session (mandatory if interested in Approved, Exchange, COLA Managed program, or if undecided).
This is the first, mandatory step in the study abroad planning process. You must attend/view an Info Session and create an account in UNH-Via before you can come to walk-ins/an appointment with an advisor.
A. Study Abroad Info Sessions are held every Tuesday at 12:45 pm in Conant 105 (NOT AVAILABLE SPRING 2020)
B. Watch our online Info Session, complete and submit to our office the Student Information Form, and refer to study abroad policy and affordability pages.
Step 2: create an account in UNH-Via
Create an account in UNH-Via and get matched with the best programs for you!
Step 3: meet with an Education Abroad Advisor
For all appointments, make sure you have attended an info session and have a UNH-Via account! Please bring your laptop to advising appointments.
To schedule an appointment (VIRTUAL AND PHONE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE ONLY SPRING 2020):
- Go to myWildcat Success and log in
- From student home page, select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select "Other Support or Advising" from Type of Appointment drop down menu
- Select “Study Abroad/Away” from Advisor Department or Group drop down menu
- Select either “Intern Abroad” or “Study Abroad” from Appointment Type drop down menu. Click “Next”
- Select “Global Education Center 310 Conant” from Advisor Department drop down menu.
- For Staff Selection drop down, select your assigned advisor. Click “Next”
- Select the next available appointment time block, then the appointment time that best works for you. Click “Next”
- Please list countries and when you want to study abroad in the text box, then select “Confirm Appointment” (you must complete this process to schedule an appointment)
If you have trouble making an appointment or if you have decided to go on a UNH Managed program, please contact that program’s coordinator or department directly. If you are unsure whom to contact, call us at (603) 862-2398 or email@example.com and we will direct you to the right person.
During your advising appointment, your Education Abroad Advisor will answer your questions and assist you in navigating the process. However, make sure to do some preliminary research on available programs and create an account in UNH-VIA.