You must view the online Info Session and create an account in UNH-Via
before you can set up an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor.
Step 1: view the online Study Abroad Info Session
Watch our online Info Session, complete and submit the Student Information Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to study abroad policy and affordability pages. This step is mandatory if you are interested in a UNH Approved, Exchange, COLA Managed program, or if you are still undecided.
Step 2: create an account in UNH-Via
Create an account in UNH-Via, answer a few questions and get matched with the best programs for you!
Step 3: meet with an Education Abroad Advisor
We're here to help! For all appointments, you must have taken steps 1 and 2. In the Fall of 2020 and Spring of 2021, all appointments will take place via Zoom. If you don't have access to the internet, please notify your Education Abroad Advisor (see below).
To schedule a Zoom appointment:
- Go to myWildcat Success and log in
- From student home page, select “Schedule an Appointment”
- In 'Type of Appointment' drop down menu select "Other Support or Advising"
- In 'Service' drop down menu under “Study Abroad/Away” select “Global Ed Center - Study Abroad”
- Click “Find Available Time”
- Select appointment time under your assigned advisor that works best for you
- Under ‘Review Appointment Details and Confirm’ go to “Would you like to share anything else?” and please list when you want to study abroad in the text box, and any additional info you want to share
- Then click “Schedule” (you must complete this process to schedule an appointment)
Your Education Abroad Advisor:
Catherine D'Auteuil: for CEPS, COLSA, CHHS and UNHM students
Mike Merrill: for COLA students
Leo Meijer: for PAUL students (Leo's virtual office)
During your advising appointment, your Education Abroad Advisor will answer your questions and assist you in navigating the process. However, make sure to do some preliminary research on available programs and create an account in UNH-Via.
If you have decided to go on a non-COLA Managed program, please contact that program’s coordinator or department directly. If you are unsure whom to contact, call us at (603) 862-2398 or email@example.com and we will direct you to the right person.