Veteran Support

Welcome Veterans! 

Veteran saluting the U.S. Flag

Veteran saluting the U.S. Flag.



The University of New Hampshire and the SAS office would like to extend a sincere thank you for your service. SAS is eager to help make your transition or return to UNH as smooth as possible.

Our work with all students with disabilities follows the legal expectations in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973  and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008. Our goal is to address and support the needs that exist. How can we help you be more effective?

SAS provides individualized support services for veteran students, whether it be classroom accommodations, navigating bureaucracy, or advocating. In order to receive services from SAS please provide available documentation of your disability. The SAS staff can assist you in learning about the specific documentation needed. SAS will accept paperwork that discloses the diagnosis, such as any DD Form, diagnostic exam, or evaluation.

SAS understands the difficulties in getting paperwork from the Veteran's Administration. We can determine what information may be necessary when we meet.  If you have trouble obtaining any documentation, please contact the office so we can assist you in this process.

Veterans in need of a diagnostic evaluation can self-identify with a counselor at any area veterans' center. These facilities are separate from the VA system, offer free evaluations, and by law their counselors cannot share information with the VA. To find locations please visit, VA.GOV

The Manchester VA Medical Center has many different programs to assist our nation's Veterans with employment opportunities.  Below are some of the programs available.

National Diversity Internship Program (NDIP) 

Pathways Recent Graduate Program

VA's Work Study Program

Additional Resources:

Free Mobile App-PTSD Coach 

Resources for Veterans with Disabilities