Implementing Your Accommodations

Depending on the type of accommodation you are approved for, accommodations are implemented in a few different ways.

If you have any questions about how to best implement your accommodations, then please feel free to contact SAS at anytime. Here are some additional resources that you might find helpful for implementing your accommodations: 

Academic Accommodations

Academic accommodations are shared with faculty through your accommodation letter. An accommodation letter is something that students send to their faculty through Accommodate by submitting a semester request. You may choose to send all your accommodations or send specific accommodations to specific courses. If you choose not to send your letter, then faculty will not know your accommodations.

Please keep in mind for academic accommodations to be implemented, letters must be sent:

  • For each course
  • As close to the beginning of each semester as possible (you can send letters later, but there are no retroactive accommodations and some accommodations take time to implement)
  • If a student changes courses or switches their course section

We highly recommend that you follow-up with your instructors after you send your letter. This will help ensure that your accommodation needs are met within each individual course.

    SUbmit your semester request

    Housing Accommodations

    When students are approved for housing accommodations, SAS shares the approved accommodation directly with housing through an email and by adding the student's name to the housing accommodation spreadsheet. The housing spreadsheet does not contain any disability specific information. It does list your accommodation, as this will help housing better understand your approved accommodations.

    We also recommend that you reach out directly to housing after housing is notified of the accommodation. Some housing accommodations are subject to availability, so it will be important to discuss the available options with housing as soon as possible.

    Contact Housing

    Parking and Transportation Accommodations

    When students are approved for parking and transportation accommodations, SAS will notify Campus Services. The student is responsible for following up with Campus Services for any additional arrangements (e.g., purchasing a parking pass or questions about parking availability).

    If a student is approved for accessible transportation, then the student is responsible for following-up to create a schedule with the Access Van.  

    Contact Campus Services

    Dining Accommodations

    When students are approved for dining accommodations, SAS will notify UNH Dining. The student is responsible for following up with Dining and as needed the UNH Hospitality Service Dietician for additional information about implementation of dining accommodations.

    Contact Dining

    Other Types of Accommodations

    For all other types of accommodations, SAS will discuss how the accommodation will be implemented during your intake meeting. If you would like to talk about how your accommodations are implemented, please feel free to reach out to SAS at anytime.

    Contact SAS