Payment Methods

UNH has discontinued mailing paper bills. Students now access their bills through Webcat and, if necessary, forward to responsible parties. Payment may be made through the online system and is also accepted by personal check, bank check, money order, cash (must be delivered in person only), wire transfer, electronic check, and debit/credit card (VISA, MC, Discover, AMEX, & Diners Club). A non-refundable service charge of 2.85% will be added for all credit/debit card transactions. A combination of payment methods may be used. NOTE: If any account overpayment occurs, credit/debit card transactions will be refunded back to the original credit/debit card prior to any other type of refund.  This is in accordance with credit card regulations.

Checks sent through the mail should be made payable to UNH, include the student's UNH ID number, and sent to:

UNH Student Accounts
11 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824

Please note:

  • Student Accounts may process checks electronically.
  • Checks through the online system are only accepted in U.S. dollars, from U.S. financial institutions.  (See International Payments below for alternative payment options for international students.)
  • With the exception of financial aid, payments are applied to the oldest charge first.
  • Cash or cash equivalents totaling more than $10,000 per calendar year must be reported to the IRS. This reporting requires that we collect a copy of a government issued photo ID, and SSN/TIN.
  • Checks drawn on foreign banking institutions must be printed/written in US dollars. Checks drawn on international banking institutions may not post to the student account until the exchange rate is determined (this can take up to 5 business days).

Monthly Payment Option

An optional 5-month payment plan for fall and spring semesters is offered. Payments will be due the first of each month from July - November (for Fall semester) and December - April (for Spring semester). When enrollment is available, Payment Plan links will appear on the Account View page in Webcat and Parent Portal. The payment plan carries an enrollment fee of $60 for each semester you enroll in the plan. Late plan enrollment will require that all past-due installments be included in down payment at time of enrollment. Plans do not automatically roll between semesters. Students/families will need to re-enroll each semester.

International Payments

International students can securely wire funds via Webcat  by selecting "International Payment" which will connect to Flywire. UNH has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make payments on your student account by international transfer.

Wire Transfer Information

Funds may be wired to UNH's account. Please call Student Accounts at (603) 862-2230 for wire transfer information. The sender should be aware that wire transaction fees vary and should be included in the total amount transferred.

Company/Agency Sponsorship

Students receiving sponsorship by government agencies, ROTC, school districts, companies, or other third parties should forward notices, bill authorizations, or other evidence of the sponsorships on official letterhead to the address below or emailed to

UNH Student Accounts 
Attention: Third-Party Billing
11 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824

Non-University sponsorships must be pre-approved by the UNH Credit Department. Sponsorships that specify completion of coursework prior to payment are not accepted. If a company or agency has a reimbursement-to-student policy, the student is responsible for paying the total charges to UNH at the time of registration.

Please see our Account Changes page for instructions on sponsorships not credited on the tuition bill. Students with company/agency sponsorship should be aware and have agreed that the University will release relevant student account information to the sponsorship provider.

Parent PLUS Loans

Parents may apply for a federal parent PLUS loan. Applications should be completed and submitted on as soon as possible before the payment due date. For more information see Direct PLUS Loan for Parents.

Alternative Loans

Students may apply for alternative loans offered by some banks. Alternative loans are private, non-federal student loans. Most require co-signers. Applications should be completed and submitted to lenders as soon as possible before the payment due date. Information about alternative loan options may be found on the UNH Financial Aid website.

Returned Check Policy

Checks that have been returned for nonpayment are assessed a $30 return-check charge. A bank check, money order, or cash must be used to replace a returned check. If two or more checks are returned for non-sufficient funds, the University will be unable to accept future personal checks for that student account.