New Undergraduate Students

 Make Sure You've Paid Your Enrollment Deposit

  • New undergraduates in Durham and Manchester, new students at UNH School of Law, and new students in some graduate programs (check your admission letter) are required to pay enrollment deposits. 
  • New undergraduates to Durham and Manchester may submit their enrollment deposit by logging into the UNH Application Portal using the following link Should you have any issues submitting your enrollment deposit, please reach out to

 Set Up Your Accounts

  • myUNH: set up your myUNH account
    •  Check your Wildcats Email in order to receive tuition and monthly billing notifications.
  • Parent Portal: set up access for parents and other authorized payers on the Parent Portal through Webcat.
    •  Parent Portal users can make online payments and view the account and bill statements. Once set up, Parent Portal users will receive tuition and monthly billing notifications.

Sign the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement

  • All students must sign the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement as a condition of registration. This ensures that students are aware of our
    billing policies and processes. This must be done by the student through Webcat. Please see the below tutorial.

    Student Financial Responsibility Agreement

 Review Your Tuition Bill

  • Access your bill via Webcat →  Billing
  • Review your tuition bill
  • Course fees are applied based on registration at the time of your tuition bill
    •  If you add or drop a course after that date your account will be updated by the end of the add/drop period.  If you need an immediate adjustment, please contact Student Accounts.
  • Fall tuition bills are due early August; Spring tuition bills are due early January - see Important Dates for specific billing dates and due dates.
    •  Payments can be made online or sent to UNH Student Accounts, 11 Garrison Avenue, Durham, NH 03824
  • Complete FAFSA every year by March 1 - visit

 Check Your Clearance Status

  • View your clearance status Webcat → Billing → Check your Clearance Status
  • Clearance evaluates the financial standing of your student account.
  • To be cleared or provisionally cleared, be sure you pay any balance due and complete loan requirements.  
    •  Direct Loans require a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling
    •  Visit our Loan Requirements for further information and access to necessary forms.
  • If you are declining your Federal Loans use the Declining Aid Form, at UNH Financial Aid forms.
    •  Note: declining loans may increase your Net Balance Due

 Tax Reporting (1098-T)

Please be sure that we have the student's Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and an up-to-date permanent mailing address to ensure that a 1098-T will be received. See Tax Information for details and access to form W-9S for updating your SSN or TIN.

 Additional Financial Options & Information

  • Monthly Payments: UNH offers a monthly payment option. When enrollment is available, Payment Plan links will appear on the Account View page in Webcat and Parent Portal.
  • Tuition Protection Plan: Optional tuition insurance in the event of medical withdrawal is available. Tuition Protection Plan .
  • Non-University Scholarships: If you have received scholarships from outside the university, please review Non-University Scholarships so that the expected funds can be reflected on your bill.
  • Alternative Loans: Information regarding alternative financing options is available from the Financial Aid Office. The options include Parent PLUS loans and private student loans.
  • 529 Accounts: Please request payment promptly when your bill arrives, as these payments generally take several weeks to arrive.  Please include the student’s ID number.

 Part-Time Students

Durham undergraduate students are billed based on a full-time course load (12-20 credits).

  • If you expect to register for fewer than 12 credits, contact Student Accounts to have your bill adjusted accordingly (please include the expected number of credits).
  • Part-time students should check with Financial Aid regarding any adjustments in aid packages.


Contact Student Accounts at (603) 862-2230 or