Loan Requirements

Flowers on campus

First-time borrowers of federal loans at UNH must satisfy loan requirements. This includes signing a Master Promissory Note and completion of Entrance Counseling.


Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling

First-time borrowers of federal loans at UNH must complete a master promissory note and entrance counseling as mandated by federal regulations. Federal loans (Direct Loans and Grad PLUS) cannot be released to a student's account until these federal requirements are satisfied. 

Exit Counseling

Students who leave the university or whose student status falls below half-time must complete exit counseling for federal loans (Direct, Perkins, and Grad PLUS) as mandated by federal regulations. Exit counseling is completed separately for Direct loans and Perkins loans.

Through this counseling you will receive loan information, repayment options, loan consolidation information, and assistance with budget planning. You will be asked to provide information including personal references and driver's license number. Select the exit counseling for your loans from the "Loan Requirements" menu. 

Summer Loan Application

Students who plan to use an alternative loan for Summer Term courses must complete a Summer Loan Application in Webcat. More information on Summer financial aid options and requirements can be found on the Financial Aid Office website.