Students whose actual payments exceed their charges may request a refund from UNH Business Services any time after receipt and settlement of the tuition bill, providing all monthly payments have been received, loan notes and loan checks have been signed, and all checks have cleared.
- Check payments may take 14 days to clear and must clear before refunds can be requested.
- All refunds are made in the student's name unless the credit is the result of a Parent PLUS loan. PLUS credits are refunded to the parent borrower.
- It is the student's responsibility to initiate a refund request. A refund request form is available through Webcat. Refunds through this form will be sent by direct deposit to the student's savings or checking account. Please allow two weeks for processing of refund requests.
- For assistance in locating your bank's routing number, please review this PDF document
- NOTE: If any account overpayment occurs, credit card transactions will be refunded back to the original credit card prior to any other type of refund. This is in accordance with credit card regulations.
Federally regulated (Title IV) refunds will be automatically generated within the required timeframe if not previously requested by the student. The required timeframe is defined as 14 days after the credit balance occurs or 14 days after the first day of class if the credit balance occurs on or before the first day of class.
Federal funds may not be disbursed to student accounts any earlier than 10 days before the start of classes.
For information on PLUS Loan refunds and Title IV credit balances, please see the Policies & Procedures page.