Please submit an online application to OISS at least 120 days prior to the H-1B employee’s current work authorization end date.
The department/unit must:
- Complete the online H-1B Extension for an Employee
- Issue a new offer letter, if necessary
- Issue a new departmental/unit support letter (template will be provided)
- Request checks for the filing fees associated with the submission of the H-1B petition to USCIS
The employee must:
- Provide copies of passport and resume/CV to the sponsoring department/unit
- Provide copies of any new immigration documents to OISS, if applicable
- File petitions to extend H-4 immigration status for any dependents, if applicable. (Note: Payment of filing fees for any dependents are the responsibility of the employee.)
OISS will review the application and file a petition to extend the employee’s H-1B work authorization with USCIS, if applicable.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.