Payment Methods

UNH has discontinued mailing paper bills. Students now access their bills through Webcat and, if necessary, forward to responsible parties. Payment may be made through the online system and is also accepted by personal check, bank check, money order, cash (must be delivered in person only), wire transfer, electronic check, and credit card. A non-refundable service charge of 2.75% will be added for all credit card transactions. A combination of payment methods may be used. NOTE: If any account overpayment occurs, credit card transactions will be refunded back to the original credit card prior to any other type of refund.  This is in accordance with credit card regulations. 

Checks sent through the mail should be made payable to UNH, include the student's UNH ID number, and may be sent to:

UNH Business Services
11 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824

Please note:

  • Business Services may process checks electronically
  • Checks through the online system are only accepted in U.S. dollars, from U.S. financial institutions.  (See International Payments below for alternative payment options for international students.)
  • With the exception of financial aid, payments are applied to the oldest charge first. 


Monthly Payment Option

An optional 5-month payment plan for fall and spring semesters is offered. Payments will be due the first of each month from July - November (for Fall semester) and December - April (for Spring semester). When enrollment is available, Payment Plan links will appear on the Account View page in Webcat and Parent Portal. 

International Payments

International students can securely wire funds via Webcat by selecting "International Payment" which will connect to Flywire, an international payment option provided by QuikPay, UNH's online payment systemWith Flywire, you can pay online from banks and countries around the world, usually in your home currency. 

Wire Transfer Information

Funds may be wired to UNH's account. Please call Business Services at (603) 862-2230 for wire transfer information. The sender should be aware that wire transaction fees vary and should be included in the total amount transferred. 

Company/Agency Sponsorship

Students receiving sponsorship by government agencies, ROTC, school districts, companies or other third parties should forward notices, bill authorizations or other evidence of the sponsorships on official letterhead to: 

UNH Business Services 
Attention: Third-Party Billing 
11 Garrison Avenue 
Durham, NH 03824 

Non-University sponsorships must be pre-approved by the UNH Credit Department. Sponsorships that specify completion of coursework prior to payment are not accepted. If a company or agency has a reimbursement-to-student policy, the student is responsible for paying the total charges to UNH at the time of registration. 

Please see Account Change Form for instructions on sponsorships not credited on the tuition bill. Students with company/agency sponsorship should be aware and have agreed that the University will release relevant student account information to the sponsorship provider. This option is available for degree students only. Third party sponsorships are not accepted for non-degree students. 

Parent PLUS Loans

Parents may apply for a federal parent PLUS loan. Applications should be completed and submitted to lenders as soon as possible before the payment due date. For more information see Direct PLUS Loan for Parents.

Alternative Loans

Students may apply for alternative loans offered by some banks. Alternative loans are private, non-federal student loans. Most require co-signers. Applications should be completed and submitted to lenders as soon as possible before the payment due date. Information about alternative loan options may be found on the UNH Financial Aid website.

Payroll Deduction

Graduate students and others who receive a University paycheck may use payroll deduction.  A form is completed each semester, giving the Payroll Office permission to deduct a specific amount based on your account balance. Please submit your form prior to the start of each semester, as deductions will not automatically carry over to a new semester (see Payroll Deduction Form). 

Returned Check Policy

Checks that have been returned for nonpayment are assessed a $30 return-check charge. A bank check, money order, or cash must be used to replace a returned check. If two or more checks are returned for non-sufficient funds, the University will be unable to accept future personal checks for that student account.