Students: Take your college experience to the next level!
UNH’s Changemaker Collaborative offers high-impact opportunities to students to engage the tools of business, public policy, science and activism as a force for good to help address some of the world’s most pressing social, economic and environmental issues. Learn about opportunities for YOU this spring and summer!
Sustainability Fellowship: Make an impact this summer!
Sustainability Fellowships pair exceptional undergraduate and graduate students from UNH and universities across the country with municipal, educational, corporate, and non-profit partners in New England to work on transformative sustainability initiatives. Each summer, Fellows undertake challenging sustainability projects that are designed to create an immediate impact, offer an extraordinary learning experience, and foster meaningful collaboration.
Become a Fellow and become part of the next generation of sustainability leaders!
- Work with municipal, educational, corporate, and non-profit partners in New England (check out our summer 2021 Fellowship sites)
- Connect with a growing network of sustainability leaders (mentors, advisors, alumni and peers)
- Learn through hands-on experience and professional development
- Build resilience throughout New England
- Earn $5,200 (undergrads) or $6,500 (recent alumni or graduate students)
- App Deadline: February 15, 2021
Semester in the City: Pursue your passions!
Semester in the City is so much more than an internship. Pursue or discover your passions while earning college credit and building skills as a changemaker at a leading Boston social sector organization. Semester in the City works with changemaking organizations to host students for meaningful internships with dedicated mentors, and earns you a full semester of college credit. You also take courses and workshops that support your internship and teach you how to impact the issues you care about. They have expanded their program so you can work and live in Boston or support your community right here at UNH! What are you waiting for?
Apply for Fall 2021 to start working on issues you care about, grow your network, and make new friends.
With Semester in the City you get to:
- Intern at a leading business, nonprofit, or government agency (check out potential Internship Host Sites in the "Where might I intern..." dropdown sections)
- Network with professionals driving real and meaningful change
- Learn about careers for people, planet, and profit
- Continue paying your standard tuition and there are NO special fees. All financial aid will apply.
- Live in a fully-furnished apartment in Boston (housing fees apply) or stay on campus or in Durham (for SITC@UNH).
- Financial Perks: unlimited transportation pass, a living stipend of $595/semester, some meals included
- Fall 2021 App Deadlines: Priority: March 1st; Final: April 1st
1. B Impact Clinic: Credit bearing, semester-long program working on a team of student consultants to help a company assess their impact. Satisfies a Business in Practice (BiP) experience.
2. Events: Changemaker Speaker Series hosts prominent business leaders each semester who discuss hot topics in business and sustainability! Learn more about the spring events:
- February 25 at 12:30 p.m. Creating Real Value in a Changing World: Bringing Stakeholder Capitalism Creating Guest speakers from Levi Strauss & Co. and the Aspen Institute, moderated by Dean Merrill-Sands
Learn more and REGISTER
- April 22 at 12:30 p.m. Uncharted: Navigating to a Sustainable Future
Guest speaker Margaret Heffernan, author of Uncharted, nominated for the Financial Times/McKinsey Best Business Book Award 2020
Learn more and REGISTER
4. NH Social Venture Innovation Challenge: Hosted each fall, an annual business idea-stage competition that addresses social, economic or environmental issues - WIN cash & prizes!