Welcome to the University of New Hampshire!
We are a community of scholars dedicated to excellent teaching and student learning, research and innovation, and engagement with external partners to address major societal challenges.
2023 - 2024
New Faculty Orientation
Monday and Tuesday,
August 21 – 22
Registration opens in May
The first of many faculty development programs and academies designed to introduce you to UNH, build your scholarly life, and support your long term career success.
- Most workshop materials available in myCourses (starting early August)
Seven steps to consider before arriving on campus
1. REGISTER FOR NEW FACULTY ORIENTATION - AN INVITATION WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU
2. VIEW LAST YEAR'S N.F.O. AGENDA/TIMELINE
3. REVIEW FACULTY RESOURCES AND HR BENEFITS
4. PREVIEW ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY COURSE
Academic Technology promotes and supports the collaborative application of educational and instructional technology to teaching, learning and digital communication for the University. This course provides essentials for connecting, teaching, and developing your skills with technology at UNH.
5. FILL OUT PARKING PERMIT APPLICATION
6. PRINT DASHBOARD PARKING PERMIT
No parking permit? Print this dashboard parking permit to park in UNH-Durham faculty/staff parking lots during New Faculty Orientation. Campus Map
7. Join NCFDD ...as soon as you have your UNH email address.
NCFDD is a professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. NCFDD supports academics from 450+ colleges and universities making successful transitions throughout their careers. UNH enjoys an institutional membership.
8. WHAT SUSTAINS US?
Take the :30 UNH Sustainability Learning Module - History, Definition, Practice
Provost's invitation to register coming soon (May).
university faculty resource guide