First-Year Student Orientation
What to Expect
New Student Orientation is your opportunity to explore UNH's campus, register for fall courses, and connect with other incoming students, as well as staff and faculty. Students are able to spend a night in a residence hall, enjoy meals in our dining hall, and attend programming in some of UNH's most popular buildings like the Memorial Union Building (MUB) and the Hamel Recreation Center (HRC). Our goal is that you will leave June Orientation excited to start your journey as a Wildcat!
Parents and Family members will also have the opportunity to participate in an UNH Orientation that runs concurrently with New Student Orientation. Learn more here.
Registering for Orientation
Registration for New Student Orientation opens Tuesday, April 4
Choosing your dates
First-year students have the option of choosing from five orientation sessions in the month of June. Each session is a 2-day session, running on a 5:00 PM to 5:00 PM schedule. Dates are first come first serve and have built in capacity limits determined by each college. These limits ensure that all students are able to register successfully for fall courses.
Two-Day vs One-day Orientation
Spending a night on campus is not a requirement for Orientation, however over 85% of the incoming class opts for a night in the residence halls. The overnight sessions allow more social opportunities with other students and a sneak peek to living on campus. Students who are unable to join us for the full two-day experience can register for just the second day of any of the orientation dates (same capacity limits apply). Students attending only the second day should plan for an 8:00AM - 5:00PM Orientation.
How to register
How to register
Registration for New Student Orientation launches mid-spring. All deposited students will receive an email with a link to register within the Admissions portal, this link will also be posted here on our website. Registering for Orientation is a four-step process.
- Log into your Admissions portal checklist
- Complete the Academic Questionnaire required by your college advisors in preparation of registering for courses at Orientation
- Return to the checklist and select “Register for Orientation” (please note registration will only become visible once the Academic questionnaire is completed)
- Select your date of choice and complete all questions associated with registration, including registering any guests that will accompany you for Parent & Family Orientation
Orientation for First-Year students enrolling in Fall 2023
Overnight sessions run from 5:00PM - 5:00PM
- Monday June 5 - Tuesday, June 6
- Thursday, June 8 - Friday, June 9
- Monday June 12 - Tuesday, June 13
- Thursday, June 15 - Friday, June 16
- Tuesday, June 20 - Wednesday, June 21
Get Ready for Class
During orientation, you'll have the opportunity to meet with staff and faculty who will share important information to help you get prepared for course selection.
We encourage you to review the academic guide for your school or college, which will provide you with information about courses you may be need to take, as well as placement tests required for some areas of study.