Here at UNH we consider Parents and Families a part of our Wildcat Community. We know that the starting college is a transition for students as well as their support systems back at home. June Orientation is a great way for you to learn the ins and outs of the student experience and how you can support them while at UNH. Learn more about what to expect at Parent & Family Orientation below.
Parent & Family Orientation 2023
We hope that if you were able to join us at the 2023 Parent & Family Orientation, you had a great time and walked away with more information on how to partner with UNH to provide your student a positive college experience. If you were unable to join, we encourage you to reach out to email@example.com to learn more about the resources available to you and your students.
The presentation slides from two of the of the sessions at Orientation- "Supporting your Student Success" and "Student Financial Services" can be found below:
What to expect
Parent & Family Orientation provides attendees the opportunity to learn about various aspects or academic and student life by hearing from representatives from across campus. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions of many of our staff, faculty, and current students.
Some of who you will meet:
- Dean of Students
- Housing and Residential Life
- Student Accounts and Financial Aid
- Academic College Associate Deans and Advisors
- Health & Wellness, Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Accessibility Services, SHARPP
- Campus Recreation, Student Activities, Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Beauregard Center, Military and Veteran Services, Chaplain and Spiritual Life Association
Attendees will also have the opportunity to explore some of our campus spaces and cheer their students on as they begin their UNH experience!
Dates & Times
Students should register their Parent & Family guests when they register for a June Orientation Session. We ask that students try to keep to a 2 guest limit, however we know that sometimes Wildcat Families are larger and we encourage you to email us if you are hoping to register more people. Students are only required to attend one of the five Orientation sessions offered. Parents & Families are not required to attend Orientation, but it is encouraged.
- Monday June 5 - Tuesday, June 6
- Thursday, June 8 - Friday, June 9
- Monday June 12 - Tuesday, June 13
- Thursday, June 15 - Friday, June 16
- Tuesday, June 20 - Wednesday, June 21
- Friday, June 23 (Transfer Students and Families)
Meals and Accommodations
All guests attending Parent & Family Orientation have to opportunity to attend our Welcome Reception, Stay overnight on-campus, and purchase additional meals during their visit to UNH. Details about each of these options can be found below.
*All below options are for guests only. All student accommodations and meals are included in the Orientation experience and come at no additional cost.
Parent & Family Welcome Reception ($20.00/person)
Parents & Family members are invited to join members of UNH's faculty and staff for a welcome from university leadership as well a delicious selection of Hor d’oevres created in house by UNH’s talented Hospitality team and a cash bar. This event runs from 6:00 - 7:30PM on the first night of each overnight Orientation, allowing you time to check-in for Orientation with your student and say goodnight as they kickoff their New student Experience!
Overnight Accommodations On-Campus ($54.00 - $62.00/person)
If you are a guest planning to spend a night in the area and would like accommodations on campus, we offer 1-night stays in the Mills Residence Hall. Guests can choose from single-occupancy, or double-occupancy rooms. All rooms have shared bathroom facilities and guests should expect to share a bathroom with 1-4 other Orientation Participants. please visit our Parent/Family Accommodation Reservation page. You can also explore accommodations in the surrounding area here. There is no additional accommodations cost for for students attending an overnight session.
Additional Meal Tickets
Night one Dinner ($12.75/person)
For those hoping to grab a full meal on-campus (Welcome Reception is appetizers only), a Dinner meal ticket for Holloway Commons can be purchased in advance.
Day Two Breakfast ($8.50/person)
If you are spending a night on campus and want breakfast in the dining hall before kicking off your day of Orientation, breakfast meal tickets are available.
- Follow the below link, which brings you to our page within UNH's Learn for Life website
- Review the details on the reception, as well as information on accommodations or additional meals
- Create a New User account
- Select the Orientation session you are attending
- Choose from the options listed
- Select "Continue" to indicate how many tickets you would like, and "continue" again to indicate dietary restrictions
- Select "continue" a final time to review your purchase and then "pay and register" to complete payment