"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."
Instructors in Discovery have a common mission: to help students from all departments and programs understand better the organization of knowledge in the modern world. Faculty are responsible not only to colleagues and students in our own disciplines, but also to others learning and teaching in the Program from across the university's variegated intellectual terrain.
Resources for Academic Advisors
Thank you for advising students as they chart their courses across foundational skills, disciplinary breadth and integrated understanding. The following links are provided to assist you. Please be in touch if we can help in any way by contacting us at Discovery.Program@unh.edu.
- Discovery Program Requirements
- Discovery Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Advising Worksheet
- Current Course Listing
- Discovery Program World Cultures Requirement Variance Policy
- Advising Center Handbook
Primary Documents and References
How do I submit a New Course in Discovery?
- Course Proposal Process & Forms
- Discovery Course Syllabus Checklist
- Discovery Category and DLAB Descriptions
- Discovery Category Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)