Student Resources

Academic Programs

Experiential Programs

Petitions for Variance in Academic Policy

Students may petition the Discovery Committee in order to waive or replace a requirement. Students’ petitions must be approved by their major advisor and the dean of their college.

  • Student completes the Petition Form and attaches supporting documentation.  If requesting a transfer course or non-Discovery UNH course fulfill Discovery requirements, a course syllabus must be included
  • Student's advisor reviews and signs the petition form.
  • Petition is submitted to the student's college Associate Dean's Office who then forwards it to the Discovery Office.
  • Discovery Committee reviews and adjudicates petition at their next meeting. 

Note: Refer to the World Cultures Variance Policy, if applicable.