Current Semester Course Offerings
- Inquiry Courses
- Discovery Courses
- Honors Discovery Courses
- Master List of Discovery Category & Inquiry Courses
A cognate is a coherent set of courses in a discipline or interdisciplinary grouping aimed at enhancing career-oriented skills in high demand in the employment market. Students may pursue one or more cognates, each typically consist of 12 or more credits with C- or better and a 2.00 grade-point average in courses in the cognate.
The cognates that are currently being offered:
- Art History, Design, and Computer Sciences Cognate
- Digital Writing and Literature Cognate
- Computer Programing Cognate
- Information Technology Cognate
- Skills and Perspectives for the Digital World Cognate
- Intercultural Communication for the Professional World Cognate
- Medical Sociology Cognate
- Philosophy of Business, Innovation, & Technology Cognate
- Political and Legal Philosophy Cognate
- Technical Writing and Public Speaking Cognate
Discovery Program Course Clusters
Discovery Course Cluster lists were developed to help students explore their interests when looking for courses that satisfy Discovery requirements. These are targeted to all students, and not constraining or required but rather a resource for students and their advisors. We hope you find these lists helpful. Please let us know if you have suggestions for other topic areas of interest. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE: Each new incoming class is bound by its own set of requirements, and therefore you will always refer to your enrollment year catalog and guidelines while an undergraduate student at UNH. Discovery Program requirements apply to students entering UNH in the fall of 2010, and after.