Discovery Course Cluster lists were developed to help students explore their interests when looking for courses that satisfy Discovery requirements. A cognate is a coherent set of courses in a discipline or interdisciplinary grouping aimed at enhancing career-oriented skills in high demand in the employment market.
- Education Abroad
- Honors Program
- Honors in Discovery
- Hamel Center for Undergraduate Research
- International Research Opportunities Program
- Office of National Fellowships
- University Writing Program
- The Center for Academic Resources
- Student Accessibility Services
- Civic and Community Engagement
- Student Organizations and Leadership Programs
- The Aulbani J. Beauregard Center for Equity, Justice, and Freedom
- New Hampshire Outing Club
Petitions for Variance in Academic Policy
Students may petition the Discovery Committee in order to waive or replace a requirement. Students’ petitions must be approved by their major advisor and the dean of their college.
- Student completes the Petition Form and attaches supporting documentation. If requesting a transfer course or UNH non-Discovery course fulfill Discovery requirements, a course syllabus must be included.
- Student's advisor reviews and signs the petition form.
- Petition is submitted to the student's college Associate Dean's Office who then forwards it to the Discovery Office.
- Discovery Committee reviews and adjudicates petition at their next meeting.
Note: Refer to the World Cultures Variance Policy, if applicable.