UNH students interested in study abroad opportunities should contact the Center for International Education (CIE) and the UNH Fellowships Office. CIE provides comprehensive assistance related to study abroad including advising, direct scholarship support, scholarship information from resources outside UNH and application assistance. In addition, UNH provides funding for summer undergraduate research outside the US through the International Research Opportunity Program (IROP) and Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF Abroad) Program.
Other resources for study abroad funding from outside of UNH include:
- The International Study and Travel Center -- a searchable study abroad scholarship database organized by award type (scholarship, internship, fellowship, etc.), location and field of study; includes financial aid information for international students studying in the US
- Studyabroad.com -- provides information and links to many study abroad scholarships and practical information for living abroad
- The Council for International Educational Exchange (CIEE) -- sponsors study abroad scholarships; deadlines are April 1 and November 1; provides information about other study abroad scholarships and living/studying abroad.
- The Council for Opportunity in Education (COE) has a listing of undergraduate and graduate study abroad scholarships including a useful scholarship link for multicultural students who wish to study abroad.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship -- up to $5000 to students with limited financial means for study abroad with $3000 additional funding for critical need language areas. The UNH Fellowships Office will help you prepare your application for this competitive award. To be eligible, students must be receiving a federal Pell Grant at time of application or during the term of study abroad. Deadline for Summer/Fall study abroad programs is early March 1. Deadline for Spring study abroad programs is early October (check the site for specific deadlines each year).