Will you be the first in your family to graduate from a four-year university with a bachelor’s degree? Did you receive a Pell grant/significant financial aid to attend UNH? TRIO Scholars may be for you!
TRIO Scholars is a vibrant community of students with one common goal: to thrive at UNH. Select your areas of interest below to learn about exclusive access available to TRIO Scholars.
TRIO Scholars have all the help they need to succeed academically through:
- Subject Area Tutoring - get free 1:1 tutoring from a student who has been successful in the course
- Peer Academic Mentors - undergraduate students with valuable experience and specialized training to help students reach their academic goals
- Study Groups facilitated by TRIO tutors where groups of students in the same class work together to master content and strategies
- Contact TRIO for more information
As a TRIO Scholar, you have access to various financial resources that may help with affording college and beyond, including:
- Scholarship Search Programs – receive guidance from TRIO (SSS) staff about how to find scholarships, refining your scholarship application, and having dedicated time for your scholarship search
- FAFSA – receive assistance from the UNH Financial Aid Office with filing your FAFSA through TRIO Scholars workshops
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Package – work with your Educational Counselor to breakdown what your financial aid package means for you
- Exit Loan Counseling – for graduating seniors to get started on the right track to loan repayment
- Financial literacy programs – including access to ReisUP LIT, which has resources about budgeting, understanding credit, retirement planning, and more