Wecovery: Living in Gratitude Support Group
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow...Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. –Melody Beattie
- Have you ever been greatly impacted by a traumatic event (loss, abuse, medical, etc)?
- Have you had experiences that invoked feelings of anxiety, fear, and/or depression?
- Do you want to experience a sense of well-being, security, and contentment?
- Have you ever had a void that you just could not seem to fill?
- Do you want to find meaning in life?
- Have you ever felt alone or isolated from your peers?
- Have you ever felt as though you lost control over your life?
- Do you want to take back that control you felt as though you lost?
If any of those questions reflect on how you have ever felt or currently feel, Wecovery: Living in Gratitude may be the place for you!
Wecovery: Living in Gratitude is a peer support group run by SHARPP staff for students who have experienced trauma and are looking to move forward in the healing process. We will not ask anyone to re-live any trauma. This group is solution focused in helping those find their strengths and resiliencies from within through learning about, understanding, and practicing gratitude in their daily lives. The group structure will include goal-setting, check-ins, topic discussions, activities, empowerment, and more. Our main concern is that we provide participants with a safe, confidential space.
We have 3 main goals of our own:
- Let you know you are not alone by increasing your social support network.
- Focus on the path to recovery through unconventional healing methods.
- Help you find happiness and fulfillment from within through living in a state of gratitude.
*No one will be required to share anything they do not want to share. Each member will be required to sign a confidentiality contract at the time of registration.
**The purpose of screening each participant is to get a better understanding of your goals and expectations, so we can do our best to help you meet them.
Group Starts Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:15-1:45pm
The Group will meet in the Health & Wellness Conference Room for 6 weeks on February 20, February 27, March 6, March 20, April 3 and at the THRIVE Conference Room (2nd Floor of Hamel Rec Center) on March 27. We strongly encourage you to attend all sessions and if you are not able to attend at least 4, we ask you hold off on registering for this semester.