The University offers several experiences for first-year students prior to the beginning of the fall semester. These programs allow students to meet other entering students and upper-class students in small groups.
- PrOVES (PreOrientation Volunteer Experience in Service) is a weeklong prior to Wildcat Days. Students participate in volunteer community activities in the seacoast, develop leadership skills, and get to know the University and the Seacoast area.
- Spark is a full-time, 4-day early move-in program to help students adjust to UNH in a smaller group setting while making connections with peers, faculty, staff, upperclass students, alumni, and employers through college-specific programming and group challenges.
- Connect helps first-generation and multicultural students make the transition from high school to college. Participants have the opportunity to experience residential living, recreational activities, special seminars on college life, and study strategy workshops.
- Connect STEM, part of Connect, supports first-generation and multicultural students interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields.
- PAWS is a pre-arrival program through Campus Recreation, just prior to Wildcat Days.
- NH Outing Club runs a series of outdoor adventure trips prior to Wildcat Days.
- Marine Immersion is a credit-experience at the Isles of Shoals Marine Lab just before Wildcat Days.