Interested in Applying? Please complete an official application which includes the following components:
- Complete an official application form (download PDF). Detailed application instructions are included.
- Personal Statement (1 page, double-spaced) which includes an: (1) explanation of your academic and career goals; (2) description of your research interests/research proposal.
- Two completed and sealed recommendation forms/letters. These letters must come from faculty, preferably in your major.
- Official (sealed) transcripts from all colleges attended (if the school will not issue a sealed "official" transcript to you, then ask them to send it directly to our office).
- Copies of the appropriate Federal Income Tax forms (as detailed on the application form)
- Copy of most recent Student Aid Report (obtained from http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/)
- Copy of Permanent Resident I.D., if necessary
- Signature release form (see application form)
Please submit your completed application package to the McNair Scholars Program, Stoke Hall, Room G50, no later than September 30th. Applications accepted after September 30th will be accepted on a rolling basis.