Take a Course at UNH

Did you know that UNH offers hundreds of for-credit nondegree courses that you can take without any application process?  Now is the time to jumpstart you career, explore academic pathways, or learn something new while earning college credit at the University of New Hampshire.

UNH Continuing Education Student

Who are Nondegree Learners at UNH?

  • Working professionals seeking career advancement and skill development
  • Students on a learning pathway to a credit-bearing degree or certificate program at UNH
  • Those pursuing personal interests, hobbies, and lifelong learning
  • Visiting degree students from other colleges and universities
  • High school students doing pre-college coursework

The NEW! Nondegree Enrollment Hub

With the launch of the new UNH Nondegree Enrollment Hub you can now browse available continuing education programs and enroll online in just a few minutes.  It’s never been easier to take advantage of all UNH has to offer as a continuing education student.  Find your course today!

UNH Nondegree Enrollment Hub

Learning Pathway Microcredentials

The roadmap to academic achievement isn't the same for every learner.  That's why the University of New Hampshire has created flexible learning pathway microcredentials that allow continuing education students to participate in credit-bearing courses as nondegree learners while they begin (or continue) their journey towards a formal degree or certificate.

Explore UNH Degree Learning Pathways

Learning pathway microcredentials help professionals develop highly specialized skills to advance their careers quickly.  Most learning pathway microcredentials are comprised of two credit-bearing courses that can be completed in as little as one academic semester and can be achieved by both degree and nondegree learners.

Nondegree Courses by Semester and College

Please select a semester, and then click into each course to preview course information and seat availability.

College of Liberal Arts (COLA)

Undergraduate Courses
ANTH 411: Global Perspectives on the Human Condition
ANTH 412: Adventures in Archaeology
ANTH 415: Humans, Fossils, DNA: The Human Story
ANTH 500: Peoples and Cultures of the World
ANTH 501: World Archaeological Cultures
ANTH 550: Introduction to Forensic Anthropology
ANTH 625: Sexuality in Cross-Cultural Perspective
ANTH 640: Anthropology of Islam
ARTH 400: Topics in Art History
ARTH 474: Introduction to Architectural History
ARTH 480: Introduction to Art History
ARTS 501: Introductory Ceramics
ARTS 510: Principles of Design
ARTS 525: Introductory Woodworking
ARTS 532: Introductory Drawing
ARTS 551: Introduction to Darkroom Photography
ARTS 552: Introductory Digital Photography
ARTS 567: Introductory Sculpture
ARTS 598: An Artist's Life
ARTS 610: Principles of Typography
ARTS 612: Interaction & Game Design
CMN 457: Intro Language & Social Interaction
LLC 540: Film History
LLC 552: Comparative Literature II
LLC 444l: US Latinx Cities
LLC 535A: Prof Culture in EU - Case Study: Germany
MUSI 401: Introduction to Music
MUSI 403: Roots of Rock
MUSI 404: Intro to Music, Media, Moving Image
MUSI 405: Survey of Music in America
MUSI 472: Theory I
MUSI 515: Music in World Cultures
NAIS 400: Intro to Native American and Indigenous Studies
PHIL 424: The Future of Humanity
PHIL 447: Artificial Intelligence, Robots, and People
POLT 402: American Politics
Graduate Courses
EDUC 959: Issues in Education
EDUC 968: Collective Bargaining in Public Education

College of Health and HUman Services (CHHS)

Undergraduate Courses
LAP 501: Lifetime Activity Program
LAP 502: Pickleball
LAP 504: Strength Training
LAP 505: Intro to Running
LAP 506: Fly Fishing
LAP 507: Yoga and Meditation
LAP 508: Vinyasa Flow Yoga
LAP 511: Disc Golf
LAP 516: Cycling
LAP 517: Personal Training
RMP 490: Recreation & Tourism in Society
RMP 501: Rec Services for Individuals w/ Disabilities
Graduate Courses
HDS 802: Programming in Healthcare
HDS 803: Translation of Health Data
HDS 804: Health Data Systems
HDS 805: Machine Learning in Healthcare
PHP 904: Social and Behavioral Health
PHP 908: Public Health Ethics
PHP 912: Public Health Law & Negotiation
PHP 922: Public Health Economics

Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics (PAUL)

Undergraduate Courses
HGMT 401: Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
Graduate Courses
ADMN 912: Managing Yourself and Leading Others
ADMN 960: Marketing/Building Customer Value

College of Professional Studies (CPS) - Online

Undergraduate Courses
ART 550: Art History: Western World
ART 512: Fundamentals of Design
BEHS 445: Homeland Security and Emergency Management
CMPL 402: Excel
CMPL 525: Foundations of Cybersecurity
COM 480: Visual Communication
CRIM 425: Juvenile Justice
DAT 510: Introduction to Data Analytics
EDC 504: Health Safety and Nutrition in EC Settings
ENT 500: The Entrepreneurial Mindset
HIS 402: Great Civilizations
HIS 410: United States History to 1865
HMSV 424: Human Services and the Helping Process
HRM 635: Managing Conflict
HUMN 470: World Religions
HUMN 480: Introduction to Ethics
LD 600: Becoming an Effective Leader
MGMT 410: Principles of Management
MKT 510: Principles of Marketing
MKT 525: Presentation Excellence in Sales
MKT 600: Social Media Marketing
PSY 410: Introduction to Psychology
PSY 470: Child Development
PSY 480: Infant and Toddler Development
PSY 525: Human Development
PSY 565: Core Principles of Addiction
SCI 470: Physical Geography
SCI 490: Human Biology
SCI 502: Nutrition and Health
SCI 528: Natural History of Northern New England
SCI 550: Wellness and the Human Body
SOCI 410: Introduction to Sociology
Graduate Courses
APST 805: Grant Writing
COM 800: Foundations of Organizational Communication
HLTC 801: Health Care Financial Management
HLTC 802: Advocacy and Health Policy
HLTC 810: Health Care Quality and Safety
HMSV 800: Principles of Human Service Management
LD 804: Leading Teams
LD 820: Cultivating Leadership Capabilities
LD 827: Leading and Governing Nonprofit Organizations
LD 832: Building Diverse and Inclusive Organizations
MGMT 805: Organizational Behavior
OPS 800: Principles of Operations Management
PM 800: Intro to Project Management
PM 811: Project Chartering and Planning
PM 820: Intro to Lean Practices

College of Life Sciences and Agriculture (COLSA)

Undergraduate Courses
EREC 411: Environmental & Resource Economics Perspectives
NUTR 400: Nutrition Health & Well Being
NUTR 403: Culinary Arts Skills Development
NUTR 405: Food and Society
SAFS 405: Sustainable Agriculture & Food Production
SAFS 415: Intro to Brewing Science
SAFS 515: Technical Brewing
SAFS 679: Food Production Field Experience I
SAFS 689: Greenhouse Management

School of Marine Science and Ocean Engineering (EOS)

Graduate Courses
MARI 801: Coastal Seminar
MARI 805: Coastal & Marine Policy Intro

Graduate School

GRAD 834: Fundamentals of Citizen & Community Science

Coming Soon! 
Registration for Fall 2024 opens on July 17, 2024. 

Courses will be posted as they become available.
Registration for J-Term 2025 opens in October 2024.

The UNH Nondegree Enrollment Hub only lists a portion of the UNH program catalog with those courses shown having been pre-approved by faculty to accept continuing education students.  If you are interested in taking a course that is not listed on the Nondegree Enrollment Hub, you can search for other courses by visiting https://courses.unh.edu/ and register through the UNH Registrars Office.

More About Nondegree Continuing Education at UNH

Nondegree continuing education students can browse available courses online at the UNH Nondegree Enrollment Hub.  To enroll in an available course, click "Apply" to be prompted to an initial enrollment form and then redirected to the UNH Nondegree Registration Form to be completed and submitted to the UNH Registrar's Office.

The UNH Nondegree Enrollment Hub only lists a portion of the UNH program catalog with those courses shown having been pre-approved by faculty to accept continuing education students. If you are interested in taking a course that is not listed on the Nondegree Enrollment Hub, you can search for other courses by visiting https://courses.unh.edu/ and register through the UNH Registrars Office.

Capacity is limited in all UNH academic courses and enrollment is first come, first serve, with no guarantee of availability or acceptance.

Tuition for nondegree learners varies depending on the course campus, credits per course, and learner residency.  For current per credit hour tuition rates see the UNH Business Services website

Continuing education learners may also be subject to mandatory registration, student services, technology, and special course fees.

Your bill will be posted to your UNH student account through Webcat within 72 hours of registration, and you can visit https://www.unh.edu/business-services/billing-payment/online-billing-payment for more info on how to use Webcat. Payment is required within one week of registration to avoid being unregistered. 

Continuing education students generally are not eligible to receive federal financial aid or scholarships for enrollment expenses, unless already enrolled in an approved degree or certificate program.  For more information visit the UNH Financial Aid Office.

UNH cannot guarantee that earned credits will be valid towards all matriculated degree and certificate programs at UNH, will transfer to other universities, or will be accepted for credit from other universities.

Nondegree learners participating in a UNH Learning Pathway should always discuss credit articulation with the listed program point of contact prior to starting coursework.

Learners are limited to taking up to 11 undergraduate credits (at UNH Durham and UNH Manchester) and 8 graduate credits (at UNH Durham, UNH Manchester, and UNH Law) per semester as a nondegree continuing education student.  

During the summer session, there are no credit limits for nondegree learners. 

During the January Term, nondegree learners are limited to one course (4 credits).

For more information on course load limits and pricing for nondegree continuing education learners, visit the UNH Business Services page

To take courses at UNH as a continuing education student, you do not need to apply for admission. However, UNH does require learners registering for undergraduate courses (numbered 200-799) to meet several eligibility requirements:

  • A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
  • Demonstrated successful academic performance.
  • Successful completion of all course prerequisites.
  • Not currently under disciplinary sanctions from UNH/UNH-M, another college or university, or court-ordered probation or other sanctions.

To take graduate courses (numbered 800-999) as a continuing education student, generally need to meet the criteria listed above, as well as have a bachelor's degree.

Nondegree students are not permitted to register for internships through UNH.

UNH reserves the right to restrict registration to those who cannot demonstrate the completion of the above requirements and to bar registration or withdraw a student who upon request fails to provide proper documentation or who demonstrates unacceptable performance once enrolled.

For enrollment and course start dates, reference the Nondegree Enrollment Calendar above.  For complete dates and deadlines for add/drop, refunds, registration, and withdrawal more information can be found on the University Master Academic Calendar.

It is the responsibility of nondegree continuing education students at UNH to familiarize themselves with the rules and regulations that govern the University of New Hampshire.

Upon successful course enrollment, nondegree learners will receive more information about additional services needed to participate in course work and accessing campus resources such as obtaining a UNH student ID, visiting campus, and accessing courses online.  

Parking Explore Commuter parking pass options, campus parking maps, visitor parking, and more.
Dining View UNH's dining options, or visit the Campus Services Office to purchase a community member meal plan. 
Student ID Request a UNH Student ID to use at the library, for Wildcat Transit Buses, and more.

Nondegree continuing education learners at UNH are able to request their academic transcript through the Office of the Registrar.  

If you have any questions about enrolling in nondegree continuing education courses at the University of New Hampshire, contact the UNH Career Advancement & Lifelong Learning Institute at non.degree@unh.edu.