Checklist for New Students

Make Sure You've Paid Your Enrollment Deposit

  • New undergraduates in Durham and Manchester, new students at UNH School of Law, and new students in some graduate programs (check your admission letter) are required to pay enrollment deposits.

Set Up Your Accounts

  • myUNH: set up your myUNH account
    •  Check your Wildcats Email in order to receive tuition and monthly billing notifications.
  • Parent Portal: set up access for parents and other authorized payers on the Parent Portal through Webcat.
    •  Parent Portal users can make online payments and view the account and bill statements. Once set up, Parent Portal users will receive tuition and monthly billing notifications.

Review Your Tuition Bill

  • Access your bill via Webcat →  Billing
  • Review your tuition bill
  • Course fees are applied based on registration at the time of your tuition bill
    •  If you add or drop a course after that date your account will be updated by the end of the add/drop period.  If you need an immediate adjustment, please contact Business Services.
  • Fall tuition bills are due early August; Spring tuition bills are due early January - see Important Dates for specific billing dates and due dates.
    •  Payments can be made online or sent to UNH Business Services, 11 Garrison Avenue, Durham, NH 03824
  • Complete FAFSA every year by March 1 - visit

Check Your Clearance Status

  • View your clearance status Webcat → Billing → Check your Clearance Status
  • Clearance evaluates the financial standing of your student account.
  • To be cleared or provisionally cleared, be sure you pay any balance due and complete loan requirements.  
    •  Direct Loans require a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling
    •  Visit our Loan Requirements page for further information and access to necessary forms.
  • If you are declining your Federal Loans use the Change Form, which can be found on the UNH Financial Aid forms page -
    •  Note: declining loans may increase your Net Balance Due

Tax Reporting (1098-T)

Please be sure that we have the student's Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and an up-to-date permanent mailing address to ensure that a 1098-T will be received. See Tax Information for details and access to form W-9S for updating your SSN or TIN.

Additional Financial Options & Information

  • Monthly Payments: UNH offers a monthly payment option. When enrollment is available, Payment Plan links will appear on the Account View page in Webcat and Parent Portal.
  • Tuition Protection Plan: Optional tuition insurance in the event of medical withdrawal is available. Tuition Protection Plan .
  • Non-University Scholarships: If you have received scholarships from outside the university, please review Non-University Scholarships so that the expected funds can be reflected on your bill.
  • Alternative Loans: Information regarding alternative financing options is available from the Financial Aid Office. There options include Parent PLUS loans and private student loans.
  • 529 Accounts: Please request payment promptly when your bill arrives, as these payments generally take several weeks to arrive.  Please include the student’s ID number.

Part-Time Students

Durham undergraduate students are billed based on a full-time course load (12-20 credits).

  • If you expect to register for fewer than 12 credits, contact Business Services via the Account Change Form to have your bill adjusted accordingly (please include the expected number of credits).
  • Part-time students should check with Financial Aid regarding any adjustments in aid packages.


Contact Business Services at (603) 862-2230 or