With the exception of financial aid, payments are applied to the oldest charge first.
- All Durham undergraduate students are billed based on full-time status.
- UNH Manchester students are billed based on registration.
- Undergraduate students who are enrolled less than full-time should notify UNH Student Accounts so their accounts can be adjusted.
- Undergraduate students who register for fewer than 12 credits and graduate students who register for fewer than 9 credits will be charged per credit hour. A $20 registration fee will also be added for part-time students.
- Undergraduate students who register for more than 20 credit hours and graduate students who register for more than 16 credit hours will be charged per credit hour for each additional credit over that maximum. The charge will be applied during the 5th week of the semester.
Graduate and Law Students
Graduate and Law students are billed based on registration.
International students should be aware that extra measures may be needed to ensure payment is received on time. If receiving bills and/or forwarding funds takes additional time, students should plan to use one or more of the following options:
- The UNH electronic payment system, QuikPay, requires that checks come from US banks. We are not able to accept checks from foreign bank accounts. Using Webcat, international students can select "International Payment" which will connect to Flywire, an international payment option provided through QuikPay, or they may pay by credit card. A non-refundable service charge of 2.85% will be added for all credit card transactions.
All students (domestic and international; full-time and part-time) must pay outstanding balances by the payment due dates to avoid a late fee. Late fees are based on the amount of the outstanding balance: 2% of the billed amount or $100 (whichever is lower). Any outstanding balance could cause a financial hold which prevents registration and the mailing of transcripts and diplomas. Due dates are listed on student billing statements.
- Fall - charges are billed 7/10, due 8/1
- Spring - charges are billed 12/10, due 1/1
- Fall - charges are billed 8/10, due 9/1
- Spring - charges are billed 1/10, due 2/1
Additional charges (course fees, late fees, book fees, etc.) will be billed monthly on the 10th of every month and due on the 1st of the following month.
A late fee will be charged monthly for any unpaid balance. The late fee will be calculated as 2% of billed charges or $100, whichever is lower.
Please note UNH has a new payment plan vendor for the 2021-2022 school year. Users can no longer access unh.afford.com and must setup their new payment plans through Webcat or Parent Portal.
Endorse the back with your signature and mail to UNH Student Accounts (address in footer at bottom of webpage) or drop check in slot in our door (basement of Stoke Hall). See our tutorial: Scholarship Check Signing Instructions
Endorse the back with your signature, write “Pay to the Order of UNH” in the signature space, and mail to UNH Student Accounts (address in footer at bottom of webpage) or drop check in slot in our door (basement of Stoke Hall). See our tutorial: Scholarship Check Signing Instructions
Request that check is made out to UNH, mailed to UNH Student Accounts (address in footer at bottom of webpage), and please include student’s UNH ID number in memo.