The UNH Police Department utilizes the following social media sites to communicate with our community:
These pages were created to provide people who are members of the greater UNH community, or others with an interest in the UNH Police Department, an access to information about the UNH Police Department and a platform with which to interact with the Department. These pages are maintained as limited public forums. These pages are monitored and managed by the UNH Police Department.
Before posting on these pages, please review these terms.
A posting on these pages constitutes acceptance of these terms:
- In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
- Do not use these pages to report a crime. To report a crime dial 911, or the local police department of your jurisdiction.
- If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime and subject yourself to a subpoena.
- “Friending/Following” between the UNH Police Department and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s action or comments.
- Comments posted by others on the UNH Police Department’s social media pages are not to be considered the opinion of the UNH Police Department; nor does the UNH Police Department endorse any third-party comments on these pages.
- The UNH Police Department reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the UNH Police Department.
- The UNH Police Department does not allow posting of photos or videos on official social media signs by anyone other than members of the UNH Police Department.
- If you have photos or videos you would like to share on these pages, contact the UNH Police Department at (603) 862-1427.
The UNH Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to the content on these pages. The UNH Police Department reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including comments that:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others;
- include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity, spam or advertise;
- have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy, including copyrighted material that belongs to another person;
- contain links to inappropriate websites.
Social Media Contests
No Purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. Open to legal residents of the United State who are 18 year of age or older.
Description of Contest/Participation:
- Dates of Contest: Contests will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Department.
- How to Enter: entry methods will vary from contest to contest as determined by the Department.
- Conditions and restrictions may apply. All prizes must be redeemed in person at the Department at 18 Waterworks Road, Durham, NH within two weeks (14 days) unless otherwise stated. If a winner cannot be contact or is disqualified for any reason, the Department reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize.
- Winners must be members of the UNH Community (including but not limited to students, alumni, staff, faculty, Durham residents).
- Employees of the Department and their immediate family are not eligible to participate or win.
- By participating, where allowed by law, all winner(s) grant the Department exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with Department promotions and waive any claims to royalty, right or remunerations for such use.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Department, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize.