Preferred Name Information

If you have trouble viewing the Prezi - click here for direct link

Find out more about Preferred Name Option
You may indicate a preferred first name that will appear in documents internal to UNH. The preferred first name will be used in the places listed below, regardless of whether or not you have legally changed your name

  • Academic Technology Support Center (in addition to legal name)
  • Accounts Management System
  • Advisee Lists
  • Box
  • Class Rosters
  • Clockwork (Disability Student Services)
  • Computer Labs/Clusters
  • Degree Audit Reporting System
  • Dining
  • Directory Listing (Unless you have chosen FERPA Exclusion)
  • Facilities Self-Service
  • Grade Reports
  • Granite Square Station Mailroom (in addition to legal name)
  • Housing and Residential Life
  • IT Service Desk (in addition to legal name)
  • Library sign-out process
  • Student I.D. ($5 change fee. Submit new ID request.)
  • Student Identity Record (in addition to legal name)
  • Webcat's Student Academic Transcript (Unofficial)
  • Wildcat Advising
  • Wildcat Careers
  • Wildcat Email
  • Zoom

To change your name legally,  go to Legal Name Change.