Do you need a travel signature?
If you are traveling outside of the United States, you need a valid travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019.
- Travel signatures are valid for 1 year for most countries
- Traveling to Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean Islands requires a signature that is less than 6 months old
- Check your documents for your travel signature:
- For I-20s, the travel signature is on Page 2
- For DS-2019s, the travel signature is on Page 1
How do I request a travel signature?
- Login to eOISS
- Click on the blue button: “YES - I have a myUNH Account”
- Enter your myUNH username and password and click “Login”
- Click on the left side: “International Office"
- Click on: “Travel Signature Request”
- Complete the eForm and submit it
- After you complete the eForm, bring your I-20 or DS-2019 to OISS. You will be contacted (usually 1-2 days) once your form has been signed for travel.
- Once you receive your email that the travel signature is complete, come to OISS to pick up your I-20 or DS-2019
Do you need to renew your visa?
What to do before you leave UNH:
- Get an official copy of your transcript (your record of courses and grades)
- Get a travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 from OISS
- Get certification letter from OISS for visa renewal
- Make a visa appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country