Traveling Home or Outside the U.S.

Do you need a travel signature?

If you are traveling outside of the United States, you need a valid travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019. 
  • Travel signatures are valid for 1 year for most countries
    • Traveling to Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean Islands requires a signature that is less than 6 months old
  • Check your documents for your travel signature:
    • For I-20s, the travel signature is on Page 2
    • For DS-2019s, the travel signature is on Page 1
How do I request a travel signature?
  • Login to eOISS
  • Click on the blue button: “YES - I have a myUNH Account”
  • Enter your myUNH username and password and click “Login”
  • Click on the left side: “International Office"
  • Click on: “Travel Signature Request”
  • Complete the eForm and submit it
  • After you complete the eForm, bring your I-20 or DS-2019 to OISS. You will be contacted (usually 1-2 days) once your form has been signed for travel.
  • Once you receive your email that the travel signature is complete, come to OISS to pick up your I-20 or DS-2019

Do you need to renew your visa?

What to do before you leave UNH:
  • Get an official copy of your transcript (your record of courses and grades)
  • Get a travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 from OISS
  • Get certification letter from OISS for visa renewal
  • Make a visa appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country