FT-IR is used to obtain an absorption or transmission spectrum of a solid or liquid. An FT-IR spectrometer simultaneously collects data over a wide spectral range. Multiple scans are run for increased signal to noise when sample limited.
The Thermo Nicolet iS10 FT-IR is a general-purpose, Windows XP-controlled instrument designed for easy operation using the OMNIC 8 software. The resolution of the spectrometer is 0.4 cm-1, and the spectral range is 7800 to 350 cm. The sample chamber and optics are purged with air with a dew point of 95 F. We also have a diamond ATR accessory with a spectral range cutoff of 525 cm-1 for use with most samples.
Manufacturer: Thermo Nicolet
Model No.: Is10 FTIR
Year of manufacture: NA
Year acquired: NA
Location: Parsons W118
- Spectrometer resolution of 0.4 cm-1
- Spectral range of 7800 to 350 cm-1
- Sample chamber and optics purged with air with a dew point of -95°F
- Accessories include a diamond Attenuated Total Refl ectance (ATR) unit with a spectral range cutoff of 525 cm-1
Principal scientist: Patricia Stone Wilkinson
The Knowledge Base contains forms, instruction and training material, minutes, policies, tools and other resources to support your research efforts by topic area.
- UIC: Online Instrument Reservation
- UIC: Small Instruments Brochure
- UIC: Nicolet iS10 FT-IR Spec Sheet
- UIC: Training Request Form
- UIC: Sample Submission Form
W123 Parsons Hall
Durham, NH 03824
Phone: (603) 862-2790
Non UNH academic Rate:
Contact the UIC