Instructions for ALL NSE & NHCUC Exchange Students Officially ACCEPTED to UNH for Fall 2021 or Full Year '21-'22 Exchange:
- Once you've been notified of your acceptance, please sign your electronic NSE Placement Acceptance Form (PAF) ASAP. It will automatically be sent to Paula DiNardo, the UNH Exchange Coordinator.
- Newly accepted students must send an unofficial transcript to Paula ASAP along with your social security number; she cannot register you without these.
- If you have a documented disability for which you require any type of accommodation, please contact UNH Student Accessibililty Services once you have been assigned a UNH student ID number. Be sure to identify yourself as an incoming National Student Exchange student.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Download this recently updated list of course restrictions. Unfortunately these are non-negotiable!
- Beginning in March 17, browse our Course Search website to see courses offered, day/time/location, full course descriptions, and prerequisites. Make sure you select the tab for FALL 2021 before searching. Search for classes by department, level, or other attribute. Watch our video tutorial on using the Course Search feature.
- Select 4-6 courses AND 4-6 completely different alternates. UNH classes are 4 credits each, so 4 four-credit courses (16 credits) is considered an average load. Full-time is 12 credits; you must remain registered for at least 12 credits. Maximum registration is 18 credits at this time. Intro-level is 400; exchange students can take courses from the 200-700 level. Due to COVID restrictions, online courses may be limited. (Do not select courses at our Manchester NH campus.)
- Your flexibility and ability to follow these instructions will greatly help in getting you a good course schedule for your exchange. It is very rare that we can register you for more than two classes in one major or department. It is up to you to have all courses approved by your home campus, to ensure that they will transfer back to your home institution.
- **Email your selections and your alternates to Paula DiNardo, the UNH NSE Coordinator on or before April 5 to be able to take advantage of priority registration. Alternates must be completely different courses, not different sections of the same course. Here's an example of the info needed: "ANTH 411 01, CRN 20113." Please pay attention to course prerequisites, major restrictions, and time/day when selecting courses, and check for time conflicts. Exchange students are not guaranteed priority registration after the date above; course access for exchange students is very limited after this date.
- UNH On-Campus Housing Applications will be emailed to you, and must be completed by the posted deadline. Please read everything carefully. View the Housing and Res Life website if you would like more on-campus housing information.
- Later on, you will be sent information about logging into your MyUNH account. You will not receive any mailings from UNH. All correspondence and billing will be handled through your this account. You will be able to view your UNH class schedule in January, also on MyUNH.
In early June/December: Please print off and complete the Required Physical & Immunization forms, and send the required documents directly to UNH Health & Wellness, as directed. Do not send them to the NSE Office.
In early June/December: Every new incoming student MUST complete an online submission of proof of health insurance coverage (your own insurance, or a qualified plan from your home school) or you will automatically be billed for the UNH plan. All international students are required to purchase the UNH plan.
Move-In Day for UNH residence halls and on-campus apartments are posted at Dept. of Housing's website. NSE students are NOT considered eligible to move in with new/freshmen students...sorry.
- A UNH NSE Orientation may be planned for the afternoon of Sunday, Aug. 29th, soon stay tuned for details. You'll meet the UNH NSE Coordinator, her student assistant, and your fellow exchangers!
- UNH Fall '21 semester classes begin: Monday August 30, 2021
- If you are flying into Boston’s Logan Airport, there is the Amtrak Downeaster train which has a stop on the UNH campus, or the C&J Trailways bus that has stops in Portsmouth NH & Dover NH, both of which you can access through public transportation in Boston.