Learn to Swim - Private Lessons
The health and safety of our staff and the many members of our NH communities that participate in our programs is most important. Due to the public health concern caused by the COVID-19 virus, UNH administration has cancelled all external on-campus events, and programs for the Spring 2021 semester. This includes Spring semester Learn to Swim programs.
Private swim lessons are available for adults and children who need individual attention, have special needs, learn better in a one-on-one environment, or have unique scheduling needs. Students must be at least 3 years old.
Private lessons are 30 minutes in length and can be purchased in blocks of 4 or 8 lessons:
- Block of 4 lessons ($105 per student)
- Block of 8 lessons ($180 per student)
- Select your desired lesson block using the appropriate session box on the right
- Private lesson registration opens on alternate Thursdays at 7:00 pm.
- The session box on the right will indicate whether there are openings (i.e. "Enroll Now/Add to Cart"). If the session is closed, enroll during the next open .period. Please note this is done to control the quantity of lessons to provide the best level of response and scheduling of lessons
- Students wishing to continue with lessons after a previous block is complete must enroll & pay again here after confirming with the instructor
- We recommend adding the lessons to your cart first, which will bring you through the Log In and registration process
- Online payment via credit card is required at the time of registration
- Click the '+' sign on the appropriate session box on the right to enroll in either the 4 or 8 block of lessons
- All lessons must be completed prior to end of each semester. Please take this into account when registering.
- Weekend dates may not be available every week due to event and facility closures. Click on Related Items tab above for unavailable dates.
How to Schedule Lessons with your Swim Instructor:
- Once the online registration is submitted and paid, our Swim Lesson Coordinator will make initial contact with the student/parent via email. Our goal is to contact and pair the student/parent with an instructor approximately 4-7 business days after registration submission.
- Lesson days & times are arranged between the staff and the student/family once paired with your swim instructor through the initial email. You will be asked for schedule preferences during the registration process.
- You will be asked to indicate an anticipated swim level during the registration process. Consult the Swim Level Chart if needed.
- Semi-private swim lessons (with 2 participants) is also available: Semi-Private Lessons
New for 2020 – Family Accounts! Families can create one account for all family members and enrollments can be done together.
Set up your family account today – instructions online at:
Online Registration Instructions
Please review the Campus Recreation Swim Lesson Refund, Payment, and Cancellation Procedures. It is the family responsibility to be familiar with these procedures.
For more information or questions, contact Ned Harvey, Aquatics Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org