Private Swim Lessons - Fall 2022
Private swim lessons (one participant) are available for adults and children who need individual attention, have special needs, learn better in a one-on-one environment, or have unique scheduling needs. Students must be at least 3 years old.
Private lessons are 30 minutes in length and can be purchased in blocks of 4 or 8 lessons:
- Block of 4 lessons = $110 per student
- Block of 8 lessons = $185 per student
Please read the following information thoroughly!
- Private lesson registration opens on alternate Thursdays at 7:00 pm. The first open date is Thursday, Sept. 15.
- Additional open dates are Sept. 29, Oct. 13, and Oct. 27.
- Last registration date for a block of 8 lessons last is Oct. 13.
- Limited spots are available - these tend to fill quickly!
- Students must be at least 3 years old at the start of lessons.
- The session blocks on the right will indicate whether there are openings (i.e. "Enroll Now/Add to Cart"). If the session is full or the session block does not appear, choose another open option or enroll during the next registration period. Please note this is done to control the quantity of lessons to provide the best level of response and scheduling of lessons.
- Click the '+' sign on the block(s) on the right, if available, to enroll in either a block of 4 or 8 lessons.
- We recommend adding the lessons to your cart first, which will bring you through the Log In and registration process.
- Note: if you have an account in our system already, you will be asked to log into either a family or student account. Be sure you know which account you have and know your user name and password. This will minimize difficulty and time while enrolling.
- You will be asked to indicate an anticipated swim level during the registration process. Consult the Swim Level Chart. If you are unsure what you or your child's swim level is, select 'unsure' during registration and our swim instructor will do a swim evaluation during the first lesson.
- Full payment online via credit card is required at the time of registration.
- Online Registration Instructions: please review before enrolling for the best outcome. Family Accounts are recommended for enrolling a child or children in any UNH youth program.
- All lessons must be completed no later than December 9. Please take this into account when registering.
- Refunds are not provided for any unfinished lessons.
- Weekend dates may not be available every week due to event and facility closures. Click on the Related Items tab above for unavailable dates.
- All lessons are held at the Swasey Indoor Pool at the UNH Field House, 145 Main St., Durham, NH.
How Lessons are Scheduled:
- Once the online registration is submitted and paid, our Swim Lesson Coordinator will make initial contact with the adult student or parent via email. Our goal is to contact and pair the student or parent with an instructor approximately 4-7 business days after registration submission.
- Lesson days & times are arranged between the instructor and the student or parent once paired with an instructor. You will be asked for schedule preferences during the registration process.
For more information: Learn to Swim Website
Please review the Campus Recreation Swim Lesson Refund, Payment & Cancellation Procedures. It is the student or parent responsibility to be familiar with these procedures.
For more information or questions, contact Swim Lesson Coordinator at email@example.com
UNH continues to have COVID-19 guidelines in place for youth programs: Current COVID-19 Guidelines
Parking Information: Families with students taking a lesson before 6 pm weekdays may purchase a Swim Lesson Parking Pass for $9.00 for Lot A from the parking Campus Services Office in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) Room 211. Passes can be purchased during their temporary office hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-2:30pm and Friday 8:00am-1:00pm. Lot A is located across from the Field House on Main St. If you do not wish to purchase a pass, Pay & Display parking is available at a few locations near the Field House: Sage Way Visitor Lot located at 20 Sage Way, and Edgewood Road Visitor Lot at 5 Edgewood Rd.
Families with students taking a lesson after 6 pm may park in A-Lot for free, as ticketing concludes at 6 pm.
Parking in A-Lot before 6 pm may result in being ticketed.
Go to the Transportation/Parking website for more info on Visitor Parking.