Learn to Swim - Private Lessons
Private Swim Lessons - Fall 2023
Private swim lessons (one participant) are available for adults and children who need individual attention, have special needs, learn better in a one-on-one environment, or have unique scheduling needs. Students must be at least 3 years old.
Private lessons are 30 minutes in length and can be purchased in blocks of 4 or 8 lessons:
- Block of 4 lessons = $130 per student
- Block of 8 lessons = $220 per student
Please read the following information thoroughly!
- Private lesson registration opens on alternate Thursdays at 7 pm:
- Thursday, Sept. 14; 7 pm
- Thursday, Sept. 28; 7 pm (last date open for 8 Block)
- Thursday, Oct. 12; 7 pm
- Thursday, Oct. 26; 7 pm
- Sessions tend to fill quickly.
- Students must be at least 3 years old at the start of lessons.
- Click the '+' sign on the block(s) on the right, if available, to enroll in either a block of 4 or 8 lessons.
- The session blocks on the right will indicate whether there are openings (i.e. "Enroll Now/Add to Cart"). If the session is full or the session block does not appear, choose the other lesson block (if open) or enroll during the next registration period. Please note the registration caps and deadlines are in place to control the quantity of lessons to provide the best level of response and scheduling of lessons.
- You will be asked to indicate an anticipated swim level during the registration process. Consult the Swim Level Chart. If you are unsure what you or your child's swim level is, select 'unsure' during registration and the instructor will do a swim evaluation during the first lesson.
- You will be asked to choose lesson day & time availability during the registration process. Please choose at least 2 days of availability and more if possible. This allows flexibility if there is a need for rescheduled lessons to ensure the number of lessons purchased can be completed. If a family does not choose at least 2 days of availability, we will drop the student from the lessons with a full refund of any fees paid.
- Full payment online via credit card is required at the time of registration.
- Online Registration Instructions: please review before enrolling for the best outcome. Family Accounts are recommended for enrolling a child or children in any UNH youth program. Note: if you have an account in our system already, you will be asked to log into either a family or student account. Be sure you know which account you have and know your user name and password. This will minimize difficulty and time while enrolling. Do not create another account if you have one already.
- All lessons must be completed no later than Dec. 11, 2023. Please take this into account when registering.
- No lessons will occur during UNH fall break, Oct. 9-13.
- Refunds are not provided for any unfinished lessons.
- All lessons are held at the Swasey Indoor Pool at the UNH Field House, 145 Main St., Durham, NH.
How Lessons are Scheduled:
- Once the online registration is completed and paid, our Swim Lesson Coordinator will make initial contact with the adult student or parent via email. Our goal is to contact and pair the student or parent with an instructor approximately 4-7 business days after registration submission.
- Lesson days & times are arranged between the instructor and the student or parent once paired with an instructor. You will be asked for schedule preferences during the registration process. Please see bullet point under 'Registration Information' above regarding choosing lesson time availability.
For more information: Learn to Swim Website
For more information or questions: email@example.com
Pay & Display parking is available at a few locations near the Field House: Sage Way Visitor Lot located at 20 Sage Way, and the Edgewood Road Visitor Lot at 5 Edgewood Rd.
Families with students taking a lesson after 6 pm may park in Lot-A for free, as ticketing concludes at 6 pm. Lot-A is located across the street from the Field House on Main St. Parking in Lot-A before 6 pm may result in being ticketed.