Youth Program Event Registration
University units sponsoring an activity (or collaborating with external groups) with minor participants (under age 18; non-UNH students), must register prior to the event using the Office of Outreach and Engagement Youth Program Activity Request Form. This includes activities on and off campus, in-person and remote learning.
Providing this information allows for:
- Questions, concerns, and follow up regarding the UNH Policy & Procedures for the Protection of Minors and current COVID-19 protocols
- Potential to increase marketing exposure
- Potential to provide student enrollment services through Destiny One, UNH's registration system for non-credit courses or programs, including use of existing parent/guardian waivers and ability to take online payments
- Allows UNH to better communicate the breadth of offerings and our impact on youth
UNH Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors
The University of New Hampshire is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for minors who participate in University programs and activities that occur on and off campus. To that end, in May, 2014, the University adopted a Policy and accompanying Procedures for the Protection of Minors. Both documents were updated in September, 2017 resulting in minor revisions, increased clarity, and to reflect changes in NH State Law. The policy and procedures seek to protect program participants who are minors (under the age of 18) and to provide guidance to University faculty, staff, and students who provide programming to minors.
Key aspects of the Policy and Procedures are:
- Requirements for staff/volunteers interacting with minors to undergo a criminal background check
- Staff requirements for Protection of Minors training which includes:
- NH State Law requirements
- Recommended staff to child supervision ratios
- Hiring procedures for staff working with minors
- Recognizing signs of and reporting suspicion of child abuse and neglect
- General safety and supervision considerations in working with children
- Requirements for non-UNH groups serving minors that use UNH facilities
All UNH Youth Program managers must understand and comply with the UNH Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors.
UNH Youth Program Resources
Many resources for facutly, staff and UNH students directing a program with youth participants are availalbe on a Youth Program Sharepoint site.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the staff resources Sharepoint site.