UNH Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors
The University of New Hampshire is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for minors who participate in University programs and activities that occur on and off campus. To that end, in May, 2014, the University adopted a Policy and accompanying Procedures for the Protection of Minors. Both documents were updated in September, 2017 resulting in minor revisions, increased clarity, and to reflect changes in NH State Law. The policy and procedures seek to protect program participants who are minors (under the age of 18) and to provide guidance to University faculty, staff, and students who provide programming to minors.
Key aspects of the Policy and Procedures are:
- Requirements for staff/volunteers interacting with minors to undergo a criminal background check
- Staff requirements for Protection of Minors training which includes:
- NH State Law requirements
- Recommended staff to child supervision ratios
- Hiring procedures for staff working with minors
- Recognizing signs of and reporting suspicion of child abuse and neglect
- General safety and supervision considerations in working with children
- Requirements for non-UNH groups serving minors that use UNH facilities
All UNH Youth Program managers must understand and comply with the UNH Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors.
UNH Youth Program Resources
Staff resources such as the following are available in a "Youth Program Information & Resources" folder in Box:
- Youth Program Manager's Guide
- Youth Program Family Guide
- Residential Hall Supervisors' Guide
- Parent Forms and Waivers
- Background Check and Online Protection of Minors Training Requirements
- Emergency Response Procedures - including medical & health
- Much more!
Please contact email@example.com for access to the staff resources Box account.