Chair: Shelley Mulligan
The Academic Affairs Committee will concern itself with the University’s instructional programs and academic support, including computer and informational services and university advising.
The chair of this committee should attend meetings as an observer to the Institutional Programs and Services Committee of the Board of Trustees and also to the Systems Academic Planning Committee.
Reports and motions need to be forwarded electronically to the Agenda Committee for review and placement on the agenda, which will be sent to Senators on the Thursday or Friday before the Senate meeting. Every effort will be made to include reports and motions as electronic back-ups for each Faculty Senate meeting so that Senators have access to the material ahead of time and can be prepared to deliberate on the materials. The Committee’s assistance with preparing and submitting the documents to assist the Senate is greatly appreciated.
Corresponding Administrators: Provost; Dean’s/Provost Council
Academic Affairs Committee
Charges for Academic Year 2018-19
A. Ongoing charges
1. Continue monitoring J-Term and UNH Online. See item IX from senate minutes of April 14, 2013.
2. Review rolling five-year calendar
B. New charges
The charges from the Agenda Committee shall comprise the major and first-order work of the Academic Affairs Committee. However, the Committee may pursue additional issues in pursuit of its mission, stated above. If the additional issue interferes with the timelines stated in the charges above, the Committee must receive permission from the Agenda Committee before proceeding. If the additional interest does not interfere with the established timelines, the Committee must inform the Agenda Committee.
Academic Affairs Committee Membership 2018-19
- Shelley Mulligan, Occupational Therapy, CHHS, chair
- Briggs Bailey, English, COLA
- Patty Bedker, Biological Sciences, COLSA (on leave F18)
- Cristy Beemer, English, COLA
- Rose Came, Earth Sciences, CEPS
- Andrew Coppens, Education, COLA
- Niva Gupta, Chemical Engineering, CEPS
- Christopher Kies, Music, COLA
- Jo Laird, Earth Sciences, CEPS
- Subhash Minocha, Biological Sciences, COLSA (proxy F18)
- Chris Neefus, Biological Sciences, COLSA
- Joe Onosko, Education, COLA
- James Ramsay, Security Studies, UNH-Manchester
- Chris Reardon, Political Science, COLA
- Sarah Rigg, Agriculture, Nutrition, & Food Systems, COLSA
- Lucy Salyer, History, COLA
- Andrew Seal, Economics, PCBE
- Regina Smick-Attisano, TSAS, COLSA
- Allison Wilder, Recreational Management & Policy, CHHS
- Jovana Milosavljevic-Ardeljan, GSS representative
- Carley Rotenberg, Student Senate representative