The University offers several experiences for first year students prior to the beginning of the fall semester. These programs allow students to meet other entering students and upperclass students in small groups.
- PrOVES (PreOrientation Volunteer Experience in Service) is a week long program prior to Wildcat Days. Students participate in volunteer community activities in the seacoast, develop leadership skills, and get to know the University and the Seacoast area.
- Connect is a program focused on helping first-generation and multicultural students make the transition from high school to college. Participants will be given the opportunity to experience residential living, recreational activities, special seminars on college life, and study strategy workshops.
- Connect STEM is a branch of the Connect program specifically designed for students interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields.
- PAWS is preorientation program through Campus Recreation, just prior to Wildcat Days.
- NH Outing Club runs a series of outdoor adventure trips prior to Wildcat Days.
- Marine Immersion is a credit-experience at the Isles of Shoals Marine Lab just before Wildcat Days.