- Attend an NSE Info Session OR make an appointment with the UNH NSE Coordinator by logging into myWildcat Success (using your UNH username and password), and following these directions:
- Blue box upper right: “Schedule Appointment”
- Type of Appointment: “Other Support or Advising”
- Advisor Department: “Study Abroad/Away”
- Appointmet Type: “UAC University Advising Center”
- Staff: “DiNardo, Paula”
- Day & time: select what works for you
- In the comment section, please indicate "NSE" and when you want to go.
- Before your appointment, take a look at nse.org to select "Find A Campus." You can search by major or areas of interest, region, campus size, or special designations.
- Check out this quick tutorial video on how to make sure you've researched your campuses well.
- In your meeting, you will discuss the application process, timeline, eligibility, how to research campuses, costs, and goals for your exchange.
- On your own, you will research & select three or four campuses that meet your academic and personal goals.
- Remember that UNH is on the HOME school tuition plan (formerly called Plan B).
- Some campuses are more popular and therefore more competitive than others. Talk with your NSE Coordinator about selecting back up campuses.
- Look through each school's NSE Profile as well as the official school website and course catalog of your top choices, concentrating on courses you might need for your major or minor.
- If they are not available, ask yourself if you could spend a semester away without taking major or minor courses, and still graduate on time.
- A good exchange experience requires good research, communication with advisors, and flexibility.
- NEW for 2019: After your appointment, the NSE Coordinator will give you access to the UNH NSE Application Portal! Start your NSE application online. You don't have to finish it in one sitting; just save and come back to it later.
- Download, print, and complete the UNH Study Away Eligibility Form, and submit it to the Dean's Office for your College at UNH.
- Once you've finished the online NSE application, complete the UNH NSE Application Supplement and bring that into the NSE Coordinator including all signatures and payment ($200.00 non-refundable application fee, cash, or check payable to "UNH") on or before our priority deadline Feb. 28, 2020 by 4:00pm.
- After that date, there will still be dozens of campuses available! Contact the NSE Coordinator for an updated list.
- Placements are made at the annual NSE Conference in early March.
- Applicants are only offered one placement: The NSE Coordinator tries for the first choice and if that is not available, she continues down your list of schools in the priority they are listed. Placements are not guaranteed, and are determined by many factors at each host campus, such as: their outgoing numbers, course availability, housing, and other factors. Applicants should work closely with the UNH NSE Coordinator to review past placement statistics.
- Students who apply by the Priority Deadline will be notified of their exchange site before Spring Break, and will meet with the NSE Coordinator shortly thereafter to begin the necessary paperwork for participating in National Student Exchange.