The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (IR&A) is part of UNH's Center for DATA. We provide data and analysis to support decision making and planning at all levels of the university, to fulfill external reporting mandates, and to provide the university community and the public with information about UNH students and their outcomes. Our goal is to produce accurate and timely information that contributes to the pursuit of UNH’s mission of excellence in teaching, research, and student service.
As part of the USNH Center for DATA, the office of Institutional Research & Assessment (IR&A) plays a critical role in facilitating decision-making at all levels of the University by collecting and analyzing data and conducting research related to enrollment management, marketing analysis, strategic planning, resource allocation, and program review/accreditation in support of the University’s mission and strategic goals; advocating for accurate, reliable, and consistent data management and usage across all three campuses of the University; and fulfilling institutional internal and external reporting requirements. Some examples of what we do:
- Analyze, interpret, and disseminate data and research findings related to the university’s enrollment and academic areas.
- Report institutional data to federal agencies, accrediting bodies, professional organizations, higher education research entities, college guidebook and ranking organizations, and the University System of New Hampshire.
- Produce strategic reports for university leadership analyzing the performance of UNH and its peers on key measures of institutional effectiveness.
- Expand UNH’s capacity for data self-service by providing data tools such as dashboards and reports that enable the university community to more quickly and easily access needed information.
- Coordinate surveys of students and recent alumni to provide insight about the UNH student experience and outcomes after graduation.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across campus to identify and share data assets that can inform and enhance efforts to improve student success.
Together, IR&A and Enterprise Information Management (EIM) comprise UNH's Center for DATA. The Center for DATA resides under Information Technology and serves campus-wide data, analytic, and reporting needs.