Donate to Community, Equity, and Diversity
Thank you for visiting our website. If you are interested in assisting UNH and the Office of Community, Equity, and Diversity with creating a more diverse faculty, staff, and student body and with creating a more inclusive and welcoming campus community, you’ve landed on the right page.
Because of generous support by donors like you, UNH continues to be able to increase access and retention opportunities for students, support DEI research and education, engage in community outreach, and prepare members of our community to function successfully in a diverse and global market.
Two Ways to Support Inclusion at UNH
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic Initiatives Fund
- Supports campus wide DEI initiatives outlined by the President’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic Initiatives, including, but not limited to DEI education, training, and research.
- Supports faculty and staff professional development, hiring initiatives, and other campus wide DEI efforts
- Assists faculty in developing curricula specific to the needs of first-generation college students; and building inclusive curricula with representations of diverse cultures and traditions.
- Assists staff in developing inclusive programming highlighting the history and culture of people from underrepresented groups.
- Assists staff in developing professional development training opportunities on social justice education.
Wanda Mitchell Diversity Recruitment and Retention Fund
Wanda S. Mitchell served as Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Inclusive Excellence at UNH, where she provided leadership for developing and sustaining programs, policies and initiatives to recruit, retain, review, and advance faculty at the University. Wanda was the first Chief Diversity Officer at UNH and led and supported efforts to create a welcoming academic environment for faculty, staff, and students of diverse backgrounds and experiences, and directed the University’s faculty mentoring and professional development program.
The purpose of the fund is to support recruitment and retention efforts by the Office of Community, Equity and Diversity in conjunction with the Office of Enrollment Services to build and maintain an inclusive community for diverse students, who, by their backgrounds and life experiences will advance the university's goal of enhancing the educational experience through enrollment of a diverse student body.
- Provide book scholarships for low or lower income students
- Provide tuition assistance and scholarships for students whose identities contribute to building a diverse learning and educational environment
- Assist with efforts to recruit and retain students whose identities contribute to a diverse campus community