Use this link to begin your nomination - Nominations begin January 24 and end on March 23, 2019
The University Commission on Community, Equity, and Diversity recognizes the historical significance of these awards as avenues toward building awareness of the good work being done to bring inclusion and equity for all and to reinforce how “difference” in any setting brings value and, furthermore, recognition of this fact helps each member of our university community thrive.
Do you know a person or organization promoting empowerment and inclusion? Awards will be presented to (1) student, (1) staff member, (1) faculty member and (1) group/organization/campus department for their work in advancing equity and inclusion.
Criteria for the Award
- The nominee promotes diversity and inclusion on campus through fostering respectful attitudes, behaviors and standards to lessen fear around difference, build a safer more welcoming campus and build appreciation for the value of diverse heritage and perspectives in our learning community.
- The nominee has created opportunities to raise awareness of bias.
- The nominee has provided opportunities in our community for increased engagement, sense of belonging and togetherness for people of all cultural backgrounds.
- The nominee has made progress with outcomes that make tangible changes for individuals and/ or systems policy and/or procedural levels and practices.
- The nominee has shown leadership in the development of academic and career opportunities.
- The nominee has helped build practices that work towards equitable, universally accessible learning, working and living environments.
Awards will be presented at the April Colleagues Luncheon scheduled for April 17, 12-1pm, MUB Strafford Rm.