Receive income while making a gift to UNH in the future
If you have built a sizable estate and also are looking for ways to receive reliable payments, consider a charitable remainder trust.
These types of gifts may offer you tax benefits and the option for income. There are two ways to receive payments and each has its own benefits:
- The annuity trust pays you, each year, the same dollar amount you choose at the start. Your payments stay the same, regardless of fluctuations in trust investments.
- The unitrust pays you, each year, a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of the trust assets. The amount of your payments is redetermined annually. If the value of the trust increases, so do your payments. If the value decreases, however, your payments will decrease as well.
Fund Your Charitable Remainder Trust With:
Real Estate (if easy to liquidate)
- Contact UNH's Office of Gift Planning for additional information on charitable remainder trusts so we can help you direct your gift to the UNH cause that means the most to you.
- Discuss the giving options with your personal advisors to be sure the gift vehicle you choose is the right fit for you.
- Please let us know if you have made this gift to UNH in your estate plans, and we would be happy to recognize you in our Thompson Society, a special community of forward-thinking UNH alumni and friends who have created their legacy here. It is important to complete simple documentation with UNH to ensure we honor your wishes down the line.
Please feel free to share the sample bequest language below with your attorney:
Sample Language“I give to the University of New Hampshire Foundation, Inc., at 9 Edgewood Road, Durham NH 03824, a New Hampshire nonprofit corporation, or its successor, Federal Tax Identification Number 02‐0437506, [insert here a description of the particular property]."
Please use the legal information below and share with your trusted advisors.
Legal Name: The University of New Hampshire Foundation, Inc.
Address: 9 Edgewood Road, Durham NH 03824
Tax ID: 02‐0437506
We're here to help you!
Please contact the UNH Office of Gift Planning with your questions.
Phone: (603) 862-3694
Welcome to the Thompson Society!
During the Celebrate 150 Campaign (2012-2018), more than 200 families made planned gifts to UNH, ranging from $10,000 to millions of dollars, which have already started to have an impact on future generations. But the story of legacy goes back to the origins of UNH when Benjamin Thompson left his farm and other assets to establish what would ultimately become the Durham campus of the University of New Hampshire.
The Thompson legacy has impacted hundreds of thousands of lives, and yours can, too.
As a legacy donor, you'll become a member of the Thompson Society, a distinguished group of supporters who have documented planned gifts to UNH. The UNH Office of Gift Planning will work with you to explore options that best meet your philanthropic goals and timeline--whether you wish to make an immediate impact, generate income with your gift, or make gifts through your will.
We look forward to welcoming you to this prestigious membership of generous donors providing support to generations of Wildcats to come, and we are honored to work with you to create your UNH legacy.