Turn your gift into lifetime income.
A charitable gift annuity (CGA) allows you to support UNH while receiving fixed income payments for life.
Not only does this gift provide you and up to two beneficiaries with annual income and the satisfaction of helping UNH to further our work, but when you establish a CGA UNH you may also qualify for a variety of tax benefits, including a federal income tax charitable deduction.
Establish a CGA to fit your needs and maximize benefits.
- Create increased income for retirement
- Reduce capital gains taxes by funding a CGA with appreciated stock
- Invest in UNH and provide support to generations of Wildcats to come
Plan for retirement with a deferred gift annuity.
If you are younger than 60 or don't need your payments immediately, you can set up a deferred gift annuity. This allows you to delay receiving payments until a later date—such as when you reach retirement--but enjoy possible tax benefits now.
Why the Wilsons established a charitable gift annuity
George and Cathy Wilson worked for various government agencies over their careers and lived abroad before settling in New Hampshire at River Woods, Durham.
They decided to invest in UNH and found that a charitable gift annuity was the perfect solution.
How It Works
- Give: Establish a gift annuity by transferring cash or stock to UNH.
- Receive: Receive a possible immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift while you and/or your loved ones receive a fixed payment for life.
- Impact: Once the individuals receiving payments pass away, the remaining gift annuity balance supports the areas and purposes at UNH that you care about most.
NEW HIGHER RATES AS OF JULY 1, 2022!
See below for sample rates based on your age and whether your CGA is for one or two individuals:
Sample Rates for Individuals
|Your Age||Gift Annuity Rates*|
Sample Rates for Couples
|Your Age||Beneficiary's Age||Gift Annuity Rates*|
- Contact UNH's Office of Gift Planning for additional information on charitable gift annuities so we can provide a gift illustration and help you direct your gift to the UNH cause that means the most to you.
- Discuss the giving options with your personal advisors to be sure the gift vehicle you choose is the right fit for you.
- With your gift of a charitable gift annuity, we would be happy to recognize you in our Thompson Society, a special community of forward-thinking UNH alumni and friends who have created their legacy here. It is important that you complete simple documentation with UNH to ensure we honor your wishes.
Please use the legal information below and share with your trusted advisors.
Legal Name: The University of New Hampshire Foundation, Inc.
Address: 9 Edgewood Road, Durham NH 03824
Tax ID: 02‐0437506
*UNHF may enter into CGA contracts which are in compliance with New Hampshire law and with minimum funding of $10,000 and minimum age for life income beneficiaries of 65 for immediate payment and 55 for deferred payment (starting at 65).
We're here to help you!
Please contact the UNH Office of Gift Planning with your questions.
Phone: (603) 862-3694
Welcome to the Thompson Society!
During the Celebrate 150 Campaign (2012-2018), more than 200 families made planned gifts to UNH, ranging from $10,000 to millions of dollars, which have already started to have an impact on future generations. But the story of legacy goes back to the origins of UNH when Benjamin Thompson left his farm and other assets to establish what would ultimately become the Durham campus of the University of New Hampshire.
The Thompson legacy has impacted hundreds of thousands of lives, and yours can, too.
As a legacy donor, you'll become a member of the Thompson Society, a distinguished group of supporters who have documented planned gifts to UNH. The UNH Office of Gift Planning will work with you to explore options that best meet your philanthropic goals and timeline--whether you wish to make an immediate impact, generate income with your gift, or make gifts through your will.
We look forward to welcoming you to this prestigious membership of generous donors providing support to generations of Wildcats to come, and we are honored to work with you to create your UNH legacy.